Star Wars Dwarf Spider Droid

Looking good! What did you use for the paint?
Hey, sorry, just seen this. I used Tamiya LP-1 as the undercoat (works a treat), and then AK Xtreme Metal Gunmetal. This Tamiya glossy lacquer works amazingly well with the Xtreme metal range...never tried before.

WOW! That looks awesome! I love the base. What techniques did you use in the painting of the base and it’s weathering? Really liking this!

WOW! That looks awesome! I love the base. What techniques did you use in the painting of the base and it’s weathering? Really liking this!
Thanks a lot, jmile, I really appreciate it!

In a nutshell, the steps were:

• Priming with Tamiya Hull Red + Black + Lacquer Thinner.
  • Some airbrush stippling of acrylic rust AMMO colors.
  • Chipping fluid
  • Tamiya German Grey + Flat White with some highlights, thinned with AK High Compatibility Thinner
  • Chipping with an airbrush needle and a flat brush
  • Pin wash with enamels
  • Pigments + some more enamels
  • Painting the metal grate with acrylics + heavy wash with pigments
  • That's about it...
If you like, my video about the B2 Super Battle Droids covers their bases, which are just smaller versions of this one. You can find my YT channel in my signature.

Thanks a lot,

Enrique

I’d love to check the videos out, but I must be looking in the wrong place because I don’t see a YouTube account.

I’ve been getting more into these minis but I’m delaying finishing things until I can carve out time to hand paint them. Truth be told, when I was a wee chap I only ever used hand painting. But I’ve been away from it so long since I got my airbrush that it kinda scares me to go back. That and most of my paints are pre-thinned for AB. Either that or I’m just lazy .

I’d love to check the videos out, but I must be looking in the wrong place because I don’t see a YouTube account.

I’ve been getting more into these minis but I’m delaying finishing things until I can carve out time to hand paint them. Truth be told, when I was a wee chap I only ever used hand painting. But I’ve been away from it so long since I got my airbrush that it kinda scares me to go back. That and most of my paints are pre-thinned for AB. Either that or I’m just lazy .
Update, just found your site and subscribed!

Sorry, just seen the post. I suck at hand painting, so when I got used to the airbrush it was like this huge revelation for me!

Thanks for subscribing, buddy!

Wow, these pics look good! Then I click the insta link, and these pictures don't do it justice! lol.
Very awesome little build.

Really great build, man. Love the paintjob. I am pretty amazed by those Star Wars Legion kits. I hope there'll be new stuff this year.

Latest posts

Back