Squirrel hair paint brushes

Docbritofmf

So I was doing some research on paint brush materials and someone mentioned squirrel hair so I went out side and collected a squirrel I'm just not sure what part of the squirrels hair I should harvest. Any suggestions?
He is rather fistyPXL_20221102_191429629.jpgPXL_20221102_191419551.jpgPXL_20221102_191409016.jpgPXL_20221102_191542817.jpgPXL_20221102_191409016.jpgPXL_20221102_191547142.jpgPXL_20221102_191629683.jpg

He keeps biting the brush when I try to comb him looking for the best hair to harvest.

What's his name ?
How old is he
His name is Nate short for Nathaniel and he is about 2+ maybe just hitting 3 months roughly. Wife found him in the yard when he was super tiny, probably just old enough to open his eyes but not old enough to venture out on his own, it's possible he was dropped by a hawk.

We bottle feed him for about two weeks or so, and now he is a little devil, all he wants to do is hang around with people and play and seriously when I say play its a mixture between a cat and ferret he runs about and play fights your hands and likes to be chased and when he is good and tuckered out he will try and sleep inside your shirt.

His nails are like razor blades, he is mostly potty trained now which is a relief squirrels have the bladders of a horse I'm not sure where they store all that fluid.

Squirrel hair brushes are best for watercolor . They're like mops .
The best bristle for acrylic paints is a synthetic .
Polyester and nylon .

I'd start with the tail hair.. might really work
Jokes apart, he seems to be a funny pet
Seriously, that's what I would do, too. Fly-fishermen who tie their own flies use squirrel tail, among other things.

Ha ha , is Nate cool with that ?!
Better get his permission first . Might cost you a bag of walnuts and a bucket of cherries !
He is a big fan of Figs, and Pecans which are both probably his favorite followed by fresh squash and mc Donald's chicken nuggets I don't have a clue why chicken nuggets but he loves them.

Oh , man - don't give him that Mac Donny's garbage !

He'd love it here , I have both pecan and fig trees -- although the pecans have been scarce for several years .
I've seen squirrels running around with pecans in their mouth so there must be some this year . A few anyways .

Oh , man - don't give him that Mac Donny's garbage !

He'd love it here , I have both pecan and fig trees -- although the pecans have been scarce for several years .
I've seen squirrels running around with pecans in their mouth so there must be some this year . A few anyways .
Oh believe me it's not like I'm running to mc Donald's to pick him up a happy meal he just happens to steal them outta the box when I get them for the kid, he sniffs them out like a blood hound

Latest posts

Back