Spuds 1/20 Wave Ketzer

spud

Irish and proud of it :)
ok this is a First for me, Posting a toping in Sci Fi ..... ::)

First off ild like to thank Scott for getting such a great link With hobby link and Ken For showing us mear mortals what you can acheave with a cheap bit of plastic.

Well seeing as my Rbmodels bits wont arive till monday ish for my Stryker build i decided to get this on the bench, Boy was it a joy to build,

I dint fancy seem filling so i decided to try wedls seems and im pretty happy with how they turned out, I still have some things to do to it before it going into paint so here is what ive got.

_MG_1982.jpg
_MG_1981.jpg
_MG_1979.jpg
_MG_1977.jpg
_MG_1976.jpg
_MG_1975.jpg

I'll get better pics tomorrow

LOL...this is awesome Spud!!!!!! Really looking forward to tackling this one!!! These are pretty cool!!! And you really can't beat the price I suppose!!! Count me in!!!! ;)

Good man T it may get some primer tomorrow........... then again mabe not rearaging my room tomorrow to put my booth by the winda...

Thanks guys, grendels you should they are lots of fun

good work Spud. Nice to see another one of these being built. Your welds look great!

thanks Mr N. ive completed teh build so next up will be primer.

_MG_1995.jpg

I wasnt too happy with how the hoses looked so i grabed some brass wire and coiled it around and i think it looks way better,
_MG_1990.jpg
_MG_1988.jpg
_MG_1987.jpg

Ive added a cast texture to this back peice and the shield, I used Tamiya basic putty mixed with nail posih remnover and stipiled it on with an old brush,
_MG_1986.jpg
_MG_1983.jpg

and thats it, will get primer on tonight and figure out what color im going to do it. im thinking it wont have green.

Thanks ND this one is great very easy and no fit issues what so ever.

Excellent "texturing" here, Spud!
All looks like I won't be able to struggle from getting one of these Ma.K.-s into my stash any longer ;D

Go on, Spud ;)

The coiling is great, man. You´ve had a very good idea.

I suppose that you will paint it with a pink-panther shade, ah? ;D
See you
RG

well ive put donw a coat of primer, vellejo red oxide primer, i prefer it to there grey, no facy blue bg for this one :)

IMG_0819.jpg

Very cool spud is red Oxide rust in other words. it looks cool in red if you want my two pence worth

Red oxide is the color of the primer the Germans used during ww2 but I think this one is a bit darker that what it used to be,

Sorry to hijack the thread, but why was red oxide/hull red used as an AFV primer? Was it just the name of the color, or was it in reference to some sort of additive in the primer to prevent corrosion? Or do we all just happen to use it for rusting purposes on our model kits?

Seeing as it's 1000-odd years in the future, you'd thing that they would have come up with a more advanced paint primer... so why not go with a completely unexpected color under the paint? Hmmm... something more ceramic-based perhaps?

Just thinking & typing out loud here...ignore if you want :p

Lol I use that color because I prefer it to vellajo greay I have, and i beleve it's for a anti corrosion. No other reason, you also wont see the red primer once finished :)

Latest posts

Back