Spitting water

The Nylon Gag

Ello Folks

I am now painting The Nylon Gag MK1, this is a very large model so i am using my airbrush for much longer periods than i normally would.
It has this annoying habit of spitting water into the system after about 5mins of use, i have a water separator, which i drain regularly, but it seems to happen when the compressor gets hot.

Picture.jpg

Anybody got any ideas out there in Addict land?
It's beginning to really annoy the banana's out of me ;D

Gagster

add a second moisture trap?
maybe on of those small ones at the airbrush end

Possibility that the air hasn't cooled enough once it hits the water filter to extract the water, being so close to the compressor, however once it gets into your hose, which is remarkably cooler, especially if part of it is sitting on a cold/cool floor, the the water vapor in the air can then drop out in the hose, and then through to your paint.

Solution you can get is a water trap the goes between the end of the hose that goes onto your airbrush, and the airbrush itself. Some of them are inline, for example, goes onto the airbrush end of your hose, and then another shorter hose from it to the airbrush, or one that actually goes on your air in on your airbrush (essentially becoming part of the airbrush) which your hose would then attach to. Only thing I would caution about the one that attaches to the airbrush itself is that it can make your airbrush bigger and harder to hold if you have smaller hands, then again some people find that it actually makes it more comfortable to work with their airbrush as it gives you a bit more to hang on to.

Either a second moisture trap as already suggested our just add an extra couple of feet of hose on the inlet side of the current moisture trap.
You need the air cool before it hits the trap which that extra distance will do, especially if you rest it on as cool surface.

I have a similar compressor with moisture trap. Like some of us pointed out, the most common problem is that, if you paint for an extended period, the air gets hot! That seems to affect the paint in variously unpleasant ways. Specially if its humid. A longer hose surely could help.
What I do for longer jobs is I hook up my 8 gallon Compressor, put the moisture trap on, power it on (F*&?& its loud!) and paint! Problem solved (at the exception of two kids and a wife that are under the impression that I opened the gates to hell with all the noise I'm making) :D

I had a similar issue a while back with high humidity. Bought a dehumidifier for the basement and problem solved.

Now I can spray for as long as I have to without any water issues.

Regards

lil late but put me down as a +1 for having the water trap down the line.
Mine used to be on the tank but i move the compressor and put a short hose between that and the regulator/water trap and since then it has been way more effective and im not getting any moisture out of the ab

Latest posts

Back