Soviet B-4 M1931 203mm Howitzer

spud

Irish and proud of it :)
sitting at my desk and my woman gave me a pressie. i was looking at this last week in out local modle shop and i said ild get it some other time and today i got it. i musta been good or she wants somit... ???

its a Trupeter Kit
IMG_0368.jpg

Paint card in color. i like
IMG_0369.jpg

instruction sheet is nice and clean looking looks easy to follow
IMG_0370.jpg

this is a nice touch, Small delicate parts foam wraped.
IMG_0371.jpg

Nice Crisp Detail from what i can tell im no expert but it looks nice, also has no ejector marks on the detail, there all at the back so im happy with that,
IMG_0372.jpg
IMG_0373.jpg

the Tracks look ok i geuss but i think the detail isnt as crisp as the rest of the kit
IMG_0374.jpg

the Gun barrel is a 2 peice part wich is a pitty i would love a Metal version for this so if anyone knows of one please share.
IMG_0375.jpg

and the little bits Rubber for the Transport wheels and some etch and string one 2 decals on it for the gun barrel. all in all it looks like a decent it
IMG_0376.jpg

ill be continueing my 88 Dio build before tackling this i recon. i may try source some better tracs and a gun barrel in the mean time or as i say if you guys know of some please share

sPUd ! jEDI mind trick (waving hands)

MUST PURCHASE TURNED BARREL !!! LOL

you can't resit !!! must buy the barrel !!!

and while you are out there... Get the Tractor for it....

Wicked Russian engineering.... Lucky you !

Nice Wifey !

Looks like it should be a sharp kit when it's done.
And you can hide the lack of track detail with mud and such

haha schweinhund227 . i am Defo getting the Barrel is only 5euro they also have Shells for it so ill get some of them also.

ive been reading that despite its crisp detail its let down on fitting, and i seen the barell and thatis like putting 2 banannas back to back.......

as for the Tractor thats a neat i idea but i plan on having it in its firing position in a berlin street

and Quaralane you have a point about the tracks i had not taught of that... some armor modeler im :p

only thing ive done is cut out and clean treh tracks. if the bad weather persists ill make a start on it this week

well seeing as im wating on my new spray guni taught ild have a good at this and see how bad the fit is

Oh boy! just as well i aint using this bit, I will be ordering the metal barell soon.
IMG_0382.jpg

fit on the main chassy seems ok had to fill 1 joint. added all the small nigely bits after this pic and Boy did they not all fit :) i had to make some holes bigger and sand some parts remove bolts from the chassy all the fun stuff we love.
IMG_0377.jpg

next was the Thingy at the back as u can see the joint needs a bit of filling other than that it went together quit well.
IMG_0381.jpg

next was the Breach, i decided i wanted it to open or close and i dint want it glued so a mission began, drilled a hole in the side of the Door, once that was done i noticed it was not were i wanted to be so i added a thin bit of stryrene to fix that, filled and needs sanding. i also had to fill the inside of the breach because there was a big gap and it didnt look good.
IMG_0383.jpg
IMG_0384.jpg
IMG_0385.jpg

thats it for now going to build the main gun part tomorrow while i wait for the New barell

That seam on the main gun was a mess. Good call on going with the metal barrel.
Nice work on the breach door

Good choice on the metal barrel... it really gives the realistic detail on the Gun.

Spud,

That Barrel is Nasty !! It's a Gasser that th carriage for th Gun is rot with seams too. But with a little TLC , You'll get it !!

thanks Panzer, more than a little TLC :p

ordered my Replacment Barrel yesterday and its on its way already!! ordered it from http://www.rbmodel.com if your are interested.

update for today

Completed the main part of the Gun yesterday still a bit to go on it.

IMG_0393.jpg

built the wheel carrage last night, it wasnt clsing propper so i used one of my clamps on it and now teh wheels have buckled because it clamped it to tightly... ;( going to have to fix that today some how.
IMG_0397.jpg

and this is what it will sort of look like.
IMG_0396.jpg

the gun and wheels are not glued yet ill do that after paint and teh tracks can wait until then too. i may do some today but if teh weather holds off ill make my molds for my flak tower

ive never sanded so much in my life as i have in making this kit, but once all the seems are sanded out the fit isnt all that bad sure i have a few joints to fill but its not as bad as i was expecting.

SPUD,

You're gettin there !! I really like all of that bolt detail , It'll lend itself Great to Drybrushing & weathering !!! Hang in there it's Lookin Great !!

Latest posts

Back