Snowspeeder Under Construction

anthony14rmg

Did you hear something?
Welcome to the forums! Thanks for registering. Snowsppeder is looking really cool. With the airbrake open, it would look cool on the base in a hard bank (turn). Looking forward to seeing more.

Thank you all for the comments.
I had a few hours this morning to do some more work on the speeder. I painted on a few of the markings and did a little more weathering. I need to clean up some of the over spray then tackle the engines and the crew area.

Scott, the hard turn is a great idea, I will try it. Also planning on adding some snow to the base.

Here are a few more updated shots, I hope you all like them

Picture014-1-1.jpg

I like,very nice just the right amount of weathering and cool job on the chipping.
This one looks familiar. ;)

Thank you for the the comments. I did some more this week, shading and filter. I also worked on the crew and the engine area. here are a few updated shots.

Thank you for looking
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt17/pumpkinpooterpants/Grant/SW12.jpg
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt17/pumpkinpooterpants/Grant/SW14.jpg
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt17/pumpkinpooterpants/Grant/SW11.jpg

Very nice build indeed. Yep, your weathering is just right. Love this model; it was one of my favourites back when I was in Star Wars mode.

Mmmm, going to need a bigger man cave me thinks. I might have to build one of those now. ;D

Nice job!
Can't help admitting the weathering, as for my building process it constantly becomes a point of doubts. It always seems that I do too mutch of weathering, or too litle, but here is what I would call a "golden middle"

Yeah good weathering is really hard to do. It's like making yourself a pizza. You really have to tame your self, otherweise you put too much on it and it will be a mess.

I agree, weathering is a fine art. I see a lot of photos where the streaking has been over done. It needs to be subtle, and not in your face. Great job with this one, in my opinion, you got the weathering just right.

elend said:
Yeah good weathering is really hard to do. It's like making yourself a pizza. You really have to tame your self, otherweise you put too much on it and it will be a mess.

Hah, yeah! That's a really exact comparison ;D

Thanks for all the comments. I am in the middle of moving back to California from Texas. I hope to have some more photos of the completed model in a few weeks.

Thanks again
Grant

anthony14rmg said:
Thanks for all the comments. I am in the middle of moving back to California from Texas. I hope to have some more photos of the completed model in a few weeks.

Uh oh, back to the heap! haha, where in Cali? I'm down here in So Cal.

anthony14rmg said:
I am heading back to Ventura sun, surf and sea air. I truly can not wait.

Anthony

Haha cool! AKE is down here with us too. I should see who else is. I know someone is over the county in San Bernadine. We should all meet up... and have a rumble! I'm bringing the bats.

Latest posts

Back