Snap Surprise: Kuat Engineering Systems ETA-2 Interceptor

Chiefpettyofficer

...we all are victims of Shermans march to the sea
While my ISD gets dry, I started another model. A Revell Snap Kit of the ETA-2. Im not really a friend of snappers, but it were cheap and I gave it a try. After I built it, I started to count slots and misfits... there were many of them :eek: so I decidet to transform the Eta-2 into a real glued model :)
There were many things, needed to be sanded and repaired. It was also the big premiere for my new ZEP-71 hot wax putty knife....

So, here are the first pictures. A half painted model, should be Obi-Wans Starfighter... The Vinyl Obi-Wan Figure disappeared into the collection of my niece

Oh, my little helpers returned ::)

[attachment deleted by admin]

You see, right off the bat you have little modeling Elves helping you move things along. Me? I just have my mitts with left thumbs on each hand....and I'm a righty. Great work on this so far.

Yeah, those helpers were useful :)

Some figure work. Because I would not use the Obi-Wan Figure, I needed another one. Because the ETA-2 is 1/24 scale, it was difficult to get a right one. After a day of searching stash, I found it: An Airfix Bf 109 Pilot
She need some modifications, but in the end she fits very well :)

It was also time to give the ETA-2 some color. I decidet to do her as Rostek Horns ride.
Rostek Horn was the Grandfather of Corran Horn, Hero of the X-Wing books. Rostek Horn described at "I Jedi" as an Special Agent in Corellian Security police service, worked with a Jedi, named Neeja Halcyon during Clone Wars. I guessed, he needs a similar ride as the Jedi, so he gets a Eta-2, too. CorSec Spacecrafts were paintet in green, white and black tones. For the rest, imagination was necessary ;D

At the third picture you can see the bad fitting of all parts...Its more a kids toy than a model kit

Thanks Quaralane, its always a big inspiration to read a book :)

That looks great, nice base colour. I need to get me some little helpers like that!

Latest posts

Back