SMA What's New In Your Stash?!?

i picked up more stuff

1956893_10203132612946393_5842454680527998192_o.jpg

This little lady's been given a new home.....namely mine. Thanks very much to the kind donor
20150102_185605.jpg

I recently had an unbelievable good luck streak on Ebay and scored some kits I've been wanting for a long time now. 1st up is the Polar Lights Space Cruiser C-57D from the film Forbidden Planet.
ModelKits3_zps2e5d51a6.jpg

Next up is the Polar Lights Jupiter 2. Another killer deal.
ModelKits9_zps51abd49f.jpg

Grabbed these little guys from starshipmodeler.com
ModelKits4_zps45cbc24b.jpg

Been a while since I updated with my latest acquisitions so here we go.
Add me to the list of people who took advantage in the recent sales from a local online store.
Been after a 12C for a while now.

And from late last year a couple of boxes from HLJ thanks to some bday and xmas money. Includes detail parts etc to make my Tamiya Panigale into the Senna edition, a scale version of the 1:1 scale Rx-78-2 we saw in Japan. The Hi-nu which will part of a group build with a couple of kiwi Gunpla fans.

December was the arrival of the Bandai Star Wars kits, some F15's for a special project later in the year

And a couple of massive Gundam kits I have been wanting for a long time.
The Neo Zeong, which although it is only 1/144 scale, has a box that is as wide as our hallway

20141220_080915.jpg

And the latest Perfect Grade, the Unicorn with full LED kit and 3 modes. (that 4 a4 size organizers behind it)

The Ichiban brushes that I backed on Kickstarter arrived, still waiting for something to use them on :-/

These great lights from local craft store, only $40

and for $40 from Bunnings (hardware store) a great toolbox that meant going away for a week to stay with in-laws didn't result in styrene withdrawal

I've got three other projects on the desk right now, but I've always wanted to have a Memphis Belle, so I picked this up.

revell-boeing-b-17f-memphis-belle-strategic-bomber.jpg

Got some stuff from Xmas and and an order came in a few days ago..Looking to get some bench time since work has slowed down a bit..Really looking forward to these and to do a couple of doi's with the 1/48th Airfix models..They look good, these are my 1st Airfix models...
Dec2014039800x600_zps1571536d.jpg
Dec2014044800x600_zpscbf27d55.jpg
Dec2014042800x600_zps03b60504.jpg
Dec2014041800x600_zps5f28ccd3.jpg

New stuff from Tumpeter!Our local hobby store will get a shipment of Hobby Boss stuff next month so looking forward to it :)!But till then
16178895650_690e3d3ed1_h.jpg

So january has been quite on the build bench with more work being done rearranging stuff and trying to get the hot air out of the room, in the end a $80 extractor fan from the local hardware store seems to have made the biggest difference and im able to actually spend time in the cave.
In the meantime the stash keeps growing, January was very much the month of paints etc with some great sales at local online retailers, including the not pictured range of Vallejo Game Air paints

]
Yup, a bug zapper which was used to make my own static grass applicator for less than $10

Also managed to pickup some cheap shelves that are marketed to go over microwaves, which happen to about the same size as the 'portable spray booth' so many builders have

2 versions of klear/future, the clear citrus smelling US stuff and the mil kier chemical smelling UK version. Will be interesting to see the differences. Both super difficult to get down under.

Picked these up yesterday.

Really great looking kits. Want to pick up a few more Tie Fighters.

Wow this car looks like it's floating!!!

Posted by: Elm City Hobbies
AMT897.jpg

Bought this Matilda kit from Chris in The Modellers Nook on Saturday:

mat_01.jpg

....still waiting for my AT-ST coming from HLJ

932615-14399-13.jpg

J

That's the new "hover" version available this year for 2015.

Hey, according to Back to the Future, we are supposed to have hover boards. Only a small leap to a hover car! ;D ;D ;D

Jaitea said:
Wow this car looks like it's floating!!!

Posted by: Elm City Hobbies
AMT897.jpg

Latest posts

Back