Slave 1 amt/ertl kit

looking good :). been tempted to get one of these from ebay is the kit any good no major drama's with the fit or other part's.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I did not get a chance to work much on the Slave 1 this weekend. I spent time on my other hobby, stargazing. Weather was great in the Ohio Valley. I will continue working on the S1 this week and will post pics of my progress. Stay tuned...

Where is time going??? I have not given up on this build; work and life have been very busy the last several weeks. I have done very little work on this build since last post I have added some photo etch to Boba back pack to give it some added detail. I am looking to get this project finished here in the next week or so. Stay tuned for pics...

Splashcoat, thanks for the comment and link to the reference images.

Splashcoat said:
Looking great so far. The work you did on Boba makes him look much better!
I built up one of these kits a while ago, maybe you'll find this of interest...

http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/forum/index.php/topic,2808.0.html

The post contains a couple of links to some usefull reference images of the studio model.

I look forward to seeing this one come together.

Work on the salt technique this evening. I used a spray bottle to apply the water to the skirt area. I applied salt with an old brush. I placed it randomly, concentrating near the inner and outer edges of the skirt. I let it dry for an hour. Then I applied Vallejo Model Air Sandy Brown. I might re-spray because this is more of light brown and not red as shown in the studio scale reference photos. Hmmm??? :-\

[attachment deleted by admin]

I sprayed Vallejo panzer ace 343 shadow flesh (looks dark red brown to me) over the Vallejo 71037 model air sandy brown. The reason I choose these colors is because that is what I have available in my paint stash and are close to the colors in the studio scale reference photo. The gray color is XF-53 neutral gray sprayed over the Vallejo shadow flesh. I did not expect the tonal variation. This just happened and I like the results. I used an old sock and a sponge to remove the salt. ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latest posts

Back