Slave 1 amt/ertl kit

Tanker52

This is my first sci-fi build. I set this aside awhile back because the kit had many fit errors and I became frustrated with it. My interest rekindled by the sci-fi builds on the forum. Using aves putty I have the ship together and primed. The goal for this build is the paint scheme and weathering effect. I am going to use the salt weathering technique to get that weathered looked or paint chip effect. Also, the Boba Fett figure is very soft and lacks details. I added an antenna and I am looking into reworking his helmet and armor. I might redo the antenna not happy with my first attempt. I like to get this done by Oct 1 and I am looking forward to the Millennium Falcon build. I just received my amt/ertl cut-away falcon kit last week. ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Glad you have decided to give her a second chance. Love the Slave 1.

Great to see this one being built, and yes that figure is horrible. I will be following this build!

Cool! Looking forward to this one. That salt weathering sounds interesting.

This is one of the few mpc star wars kits that I'm not familiar with, but i'v heard it can be tricky to say the least. It looks like your doing a great job, and I'm looking forward to your progress!

Wow, that Boba that comes with it, really is horrible.
I think I have a couple of these.
I may have to start one!
;)

All,thanks for the kind comments.

punkpigpen said:
awesome! SLAVE 1!!!! YEHH! is this bigger or smaller than that fine molds?
The amt/ertl kit is 1/85 scale I think. Does not say on the box or in the work instructions. The fine molds scale is 1/72 which is larger. I love to get my hands on one the FM Slave 1 kits but the price :eek: is a little more than I want to pay for now. Does anyone one know if the FM kit has recessed or raised panel line?

Last night spent some time in the workshop improving Boba Fett. I added hands from 1/72 tank figure, sanded down the antenna/ rangefinder, added a cloak using aves putty, and scratched built his back pack using 1/72 missile parts from jet plane kit. I have a few more details to add before I am finished.

Slave 1 was painted a base coat of Model Master acrylic aircraft grey. Once this dries I am going back to highlight with aircraft grey with white added. This will give the tonal variation to the different details and panels before I add the salt technique to get the red paint chip effects on the sides of the main body. The wing coverings details I achieved by using Ambroid EZ mask. I wanted to control the chipping effect in this area.

Latest posts

Back