Sherman M4A4

StyreneStylist

Hey guys, I dont build much armor stuff, but I felt like making something different.
the is the cyber-hobby "orange box" kit., a pretty nice kit, but the decals are for Burma tank and the kit comes with US winter tank crew lol, so I'm only gonna use the "star" decals and make it a generic tank.

the tank I made out of box, just adding weld lines, handles, and a plank in the front. the light guards are made from scrap PE sprue. also I had to shorten the tracks by 2 links.

anyhow some progress. I just laid down the basic shades with the airbrush. I still have to go around and highlight all the raised details before the next steps can begin.

IMGP0747.jpg

IMGP0752.jpg

IMGP0753.jpg

after I posted I noticed I completely forgot to add the armor plates in the front! rookie mistake lol. anyhow I added them on with no issues thankfully.
I think I can add clear and decals next and then the fun can start.

IMGP0762.jpg

i like your build but i must admit im not a fan of all this preshade thing i think it just looks fake, but thats just me so dont take that to seriously :)

Very nice work on your Sherman, I like all the little welds and texturing you've done.

I really like the various, subtle shades in your painting of the tank. Highlights and shadows really make an otherwise drab, solid color 'toy', look like something of scale and proportion.

Nothing wrong with out of the box at all either, I'd rather look at stock builds like this with interesting finishes over all sorts of PE and aftermarket thrown on something boring.

Anxious to see more. 8)

thanks dudes, i thought i'd give the color modulation fad a try lol.

I started some oil work on the turret and it starting to blend in together now with more of a brown tone.

IMGP0768.jpg

IMGP0766.jpg

Looking real nice love the colour it looks like a well used and battered tank look forward to seein more

Geegad

Very nice ! This should turn out a stunner if the turret is anything to go by :) ...excellent ;)

Chris.

Looking goos SS!! Some great weathering.... can't wait to see how you make out on the rest of it!! ;)

StyreneStylist said:
i thought i'd give the color modulation fad a try lol.

Well, for what it's worth I surely hope you decide to stick with this 'fad'.

The turret is really looking sharp.

wow that turret is the doggies. the weathering really males the color variation look way better :)

Man, this Sherman is really a crack :)

The weathering is SUPERB !

After watching this one, I´m goin´ to throw mine to the fire right NOW ;D
RG

Just keeps getting better :) I like the tones you're getting on this .

Chris.

Latest posts

Back