seasonal modeling

J

Just Mike

a thread in the armor forum got me thinking.

(I'm putting this in here given my recent track record of putting threads in the wrong places)

I was thinking that the spring, summer and winter months might be the best for exclusive assembly and the fall would be the best time of year to pound out some paint.

This is of course contingent upon where you live. I can't imagine it gets very humid in Nevada or that area of the US but here where there are four very distinct seasons, it might go a long way toward time management and not worrying about paint during certain times during the year.

Thanks for reading my ramblings.

hear in michigan weather is random as ever, its been so hot on my birthday that i had the swimming pool out, then again its been so cold on my birthday, that once i remember playing in knee deep snow.

weather does have an effect on how i do models, even seasons can have a effect for me, its not fun to go outside and spray lacquer on decals when its below freezing outside.

I build through the cold months and finish them up through the warm months. ;D

Tony lee :)

I build all year round. As long as I can get outside to spray, I can bring it inside and let it dry in the bathroom with the exhaust fan on

I don't know how seasonal my modeling will be ... I know I can't get much done in the garage during the winter months in MI ... because of that S word. I did just get back into the hobby this winter after being away from it for a few years and I do have a couple motorcycle projects that I need to get done that I can't do in the house. (Done that before doesn't go over well with the wife :-\ ) I guess I will have to see how much modeling I get done once the weather breaks. I don't think I will walk away from it though enjoying it too much. :D

Down here in Texas my friends and I have joked for quite a while that we have two seasons: Winter and hot. Our winters are pretty mild, it is very rare to see snow, or temps below freezing. (Not a cuss word here, and excuse to do nothing, so we look forward to it.)

Hot on the other hand is constant from June to October. Temps run from 90F to 108F Too hot to be outside for long unless you are use to it. To go with the heat is 70% to 90% humidity. Painting is different under these conditions. This is in part why I built the indoor spray booth. So that I didn't have to worry about the conditions outside. This allows me to build year round. One bonus is that if I want paint to dry fast in August, I just stick it in the garage, it can be 130F in there.

I remember when I drove semi I was down in TX and when I got out of my air-conditioned cab The heat took my break away and my glasses fogged up. :-\ The heat didn't bother me at all was just the shock of the temp change.

Latest posts

Back