A social modeling type question

JMac

cut. glue. paint. repeat.
This might seem a little odd coming from me, a modeler who constantly complains about his current WiP situation; but I was thinking/wondering, now that summer is waning and we are moving towards fall (at least for those of us in the northern hemisphere)...group build time? Or maybe set sights on Secret Santa II?

I'm just bringing it up because, I've really enjoyed the group builds hosted here, and I'm wondering if other members are thinking the same thing.

Little early yet for Secret Santa II.
Maybe it's time for some group builds, though

yep i was wondering tha same thing .... we need some GB

JohnSimmons said:
The Battle Of Endor!

That would be cool, Death Star II assault or Forrest Battle.....hmmm.......

......at least the Falcon was involved......[duck]

J

adampolo13 said:
what you guys thinking in terms of GB's?

I'd like to pitch the same idea I proposed in the past: Prototypes. It fits with any genre and allows the builder to maybe back date a kit from the stash, or build a subject that might be a little off the norm.

Examples might include;

Paper project tanks or Soviet "Object" tanks or NATO counter designs

X-planes, Luft 46, racers or the Space Shuttle Enterprise

Concept cars, Indy Cars, Customs

The Star Wars Expanded Universe has got to awash in one of a kind, experimental ships, speeders and walkers...how about the movie concept sketch books and illustrations that lead to the designs we see in the theater...

Extra guide lines would have to be fleshed out, but it allows everyone to particate in the same GB, and still allows you to build in your genre.

Just a suggestion.

The other suggestion I had was a "vintage" kit GB. Build and finish an older kit, maybe an Airfix, MPC ( for you Star Wars guys :) ), Matchbox, or Monogram kit from the past...

A third idea was to have a GB along the lines of "Home", build a subject from your country.

or GB some thing all new something you have never done before i am a commission builder and painter and i love it when some gets me to do some thing i have never done before. maybe look into some table top game kits you mite like them.

you can look at games workshop kits if you want i can put links for a lot of companys them

Hey guys, I think there's something in the mix at the moment. I'm sure details will be revealed in a little bit.,

adampolo13 said:
Hey guys, I think there's something in the mix at the moment. I'm sure details will be revealed in a little bit.,

Cool. I'll sit tight.
When (very roughly) do you think an announcement will be posted?

My Gag MK1 ship is almost finished.

Next, i want to pick a subject out of the box, scratch build something no one has seen before

Type in concept car or bike or ship or anything an try and build it.

Use molding and vac forming and casting

Come on SMA herd dudes

You can make anything

Next i'm going to make hollow Kayaks and canoes

Using molding and roto casting

Gag

JMac said:
adampolo13 said:

Cool. I'll sit tight.
When (very roughly) do you think an announcement will be posted?

I'd say in the next day or so. We won't make you wait too long. :)

Jmac - I totally missed this thread.

I think your idea of Prototypes will fit right into Rumors of War. Nice parallel there actually.

Before I get going here, I just want to say "I'm not complaining", just looking for guidance or suggestions and ideas. Please keep that in mind...

adampolo13 said:
Group Build(s) have just been announced. ;D

I've got lots of WiP, so the shelf queen idea is totally do-able. But the reason they are shelf queens is I bit off more build wise than I could chew, or the interest sagged, or I totally got bogged down (either in the build or in terms of time). I return to these builds regularly, and I do chip away at them, and I'm totally looking like this; ;D when I finish one. But in my mind a BG should be fun, finishing up a shelf queen doesn't rate so high on my personal fun-o-meter.

So I'm leaning towards the "Rumors of War" theme. It sounds wicked cool. It's kind of mysterious, shady and ominous sounding. I'm thinking guys are going to have some crazy cool ideas. Me, well I'm totally stumped on what I could do. This leaves me in a bit of a perplexed conundrum hazy place. Do I just knuckle down and grind away at more of my WiP, or white blank page...

What are you guys thinking, I need some interaction to get going on the theme. Ideas?

Jason

Latest posts

Back