Sdkfz 234 with Flakdrilling

FAUST

Ola guys

First complete builtlog here from start to finish. I had to wait for some parts to dry on my Merc L1500 so I decided to crack open a new box that I have had in my hands a couple of times over the past few days.

This is the box.
234_Flakdrilling_001.jpg

I know it is an ancient kit and there are better kits out there of this vehicle but it is one of those steals I managed to score on Ebay. As inside it there was not only the kit. But also a New Connection conversion to convert the vehicle from Stummel to one with a Flakdrilling mounted inside.
234_Flakdrilling_002.jpg

I love to convert vehicles into one of's and oddities. Especially I like it to revamp an old kit that way. Got some bits and bobs from the sparesbox. All DML
234_Flakdrilling_003.jpg

And the box also had some PE for further details. Meet mr Aber, mr Eduard and some PE from the New Connection kit
234_Flakdrilling_004.jpg

I love the New Connection conversions. They allowed the modeler to do some really cool conversions and through the years I have collected many of them. It is a pitty that the company no longer exists. Especially for the prices which sometimes really can skyrocket.

I'm actually already a few hours into the built but still need to make pics of that. The vehicle looks a bit ugly with my sloppy putty work. I need to do some sanding. Pics of the progress coming soon.

With friendly greetz

Robert Blokker

Ola Guys

Thanks a lot for the luckwishes Dusky. generally the New Connection sets are a good fit. This time however I encountered some troubles in the top end of the carriage but with some evergreen and putty that ended up allright.

@ letsgobrown
Thanks. It is a fun kit. Lets see how it will progress

Allready some update on this vehicle. Did a lot of sanding. Some glueing then some more sanding. The New connection set brings a very good update to the interior of the vehicle. Something that is neccesary because the open top of the vehicle does show a lot of it. The combination of the resin and bits of the aber set really improves the looks. Lets have a view on the vehicles innards
234_Flakdrilling_005.jpg

234_Flakdrilling_006.jpg

234_Flakdrilling_007.jpg

A view of the superstructure
234_Flakdrilling_008.jpg

234_Flakdrilling_009.jpg

And what will be visible through the big hole
234_Flakdrilling_010.jpg

234_Flakdrilling_011.jpg

More to come more to come.

@ Letsgobrown
Yeah it goes together quite well. Probably before the soccermatch this evening I will add some other stuff to it.

@ Dusky
Those 8 Rads from AFV club are really nice. I haven't bought one yet.. But it can never take long :D

cool build! i have the 234/4 from Dragon so this would be a great way to see how other modellers would detail the 234! ;D

Ola Andrei

Those DML 234's are really neat as well. I have three of the variants. Got the /4 too with a bunch of AM. Funnily enough I have also got the New Connection set with PE from several manufacturers and one of those ancient Italeri boxes to built the same vehicle. Good that you start about it I have to dig up thhat DML kit to see if there are details I can copy for this contraption.

Which part from Holland do you come from by the way. I noticed your flag. But Andrei isn't directly a common name for that little part of the world. Just curious.

im am in Delft and im an American student at the TU which would explain why my name isnt common around here ;D

Latest posts

Back