Sci-Fi Showdown at Modelers Alliance

Moon Puppy

Greetings, First, I want to thank Scott for allowing me to make this announcement here at SMA. Who da man? You da Man! ;D

Next I'd like to invite y'all over to Modelers Alliance for our first Sci-Fi Showdown. This will be a little unique for us because for the first time that I can remember, we are allowing Works In Progress/shelf queens. Of course new starts will be allowed also.

To quote our Mr. T
Any sci-fi subject is in play(keep it clean) old kits, new kits, scratch built, something you may have started and didn't finish. All we need is a picture of what it looked like before you start. A sci-fi build is a great way to turn you imagination loose and really have fun. There should be something out there fit any taste wings, tracks, starships, robots and even infantry. Lets have your comments and ideas because this could be fun.

If you got a project that has stalled and would like to earn a Modelers Alliance campaign ribbon come on by and sign up. This will be a year long build so plenty of time to get those creative juices going.

Thanks again Scott and looking forward to seeing y'all there. 8)

Thought I'd share my Sci-Fi entry here with you guys.

Thing is, you're going to have to wait till it's done before you know what it is.

Staring with the base.
Scifi01.jpg

Scifi02.jpg

Scifi03.jpg

Let the stain dry and coat it with the poly. More later. ::)

I might just do that !!! 8) being in 3 GB already why not ADD another one ?

what do they mean by showing a picture before you started ??? as it is NOW ! or in original Unstarted state ??? I read to much into it right ?

May not be worded well.

Existing WIP are welcome, all we ask is a picture of your subject as it is when you start working on it for our campaign (groupbuild). Could be something you're working on for here at SMA or a shelf queen you started some time ago. We don't care. I think this is the first campaign we've had where WIPs are allowed.

sure, bring it on, earn yourself a MA campaign ribbon! 8)

Moon Puppy said:
May not be worded well.

Existing WIP are welcome, all we ask is a picture of your subject as it is when you start working on it for our campaign (groupbuild). Could be something you're working on for here at SMA or a shelf queen you started some time ago. We don't care. I think this is the first campaign we've had where WIPs are allowed.

sure, bring it on, earn yourself a MA campaign ribbon! 8)

Just call me a rebel. ;D

Latest posts

Back