Rust for Fun!

collin26

Although it is not an AFV, I figure armour fanatics will imediately see the many uses for this new piece from Workbench Miniatures.
Spent a few hours yesterday playing around with the skip and thought I would post up and share. I have to say that the freedome offered in painting this little jewels is excelent.

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00269EDIT.jpg

DSC00267EDIT.jpg

DSC00260.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to check these out guys.

OK dude. You need to tell us how you did that rust.

It looks really cool.

Yeah, it's like caustics seen in water....that cool blotchy look with a higher concentration of 'new' rust at the leading edge.

Yes, I think if you are going to come on here and show us the end result that you be obliged to also show us how you did it! Would be the "gentlemanly" thing to do! LOL

Sorry guys, I tried to post earlier but I guess I did not push the correct buttons.
So, I suppose I should have posted some progress pics. The steps were:
1. Sponge chipping with rust colored acrylics
2. Outline pooled rust with 4-5 rust colored acrylics
3. Treat the inside of each pooled area with various rust colored washes & pigments
4. Trace over the edges of each puddle with brighter rust colored acrylics
5. Enhance previous rust colored washes with various tones
6. Add "Wet Effects" & "Engine Grime" & "Fresh Engine Oil" to the entire area in random spots.
The key realy is to build layer upon layer and change color often. I am glad you guys enjoy these little skips.
Thanks for the kinds words as well. As soon as this one is finished, I will post up some pics.

Thanks for the kind words guys.
The images bellow are of the smaller of the 2 dumpsters. A photo with a penny will help us better understand the size. The smaller one was started this afternoon and as much as I would have liked to have finished it this evening...
Hopefully more tomorrow.

DSC00440.jpg

DSC00456.jpg

DSC00458.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I am thinking the term would be "Bloody Fantastic" Iain!! Great job on this little dynamo!!! Who would have thought an old dumpster would look soooooooo good!! ;)

Wow the inside of that little guy looks like it's rusty for real. Great work there. Thanks for posting this.

That's the most beautiful dumpster I've ever seen! How did you do the paint chipping on the sides? It's among the most realistic paint chipping ever.

Latest posts

Back