Russian ISU 152 1/35 Zveda

Martay

Hi i didnt think id end up posting on this side of the fence quite so soon but after some inspiration from fellow modellers who are dedicated armor fans i decided to give this a bash, intentionaly picked a old kit as i wasnt sure if i would get the bug for building what is a mobile target for a plane ;D
Decided when i saw these figures that id do a scene with the lads lobbin in some shells and do it in winter with a winter camo, found some shots of them with it so ok on that front.
DSC_0928.jpg

So then as i was doing the first fitting and cleaning up i noticed something which has had a massive impact on the time its been under the knife and glue, firstly the hatches are going to be open to make this look plausable, there is no interior of any kind whatsoever in the kit, with the hatch open you can see the bloody tracks, these pics will give you an idea

DSC_0935.jpg

DSC_0940.jpg

DSC_0944.jpg

DSC_0945.jpg

DSC_0955.jpg

DSC_0955.jpg

As ya can see its a bit of a faffe, i also realised from a link i got that the bleeding gun breach is huge inside the thing, so i ploughed ahead with some donated bits n bobs from a friend and words of encouragement

DSC_1003_zpsd1cff1d3.jpg

DSC_1005_zps0c5301b5.jpg

DSC_1006_zps036a177c.jpg

DSC_1008_zpsc8824156.jpg

DSC_1009_zps7555b93e.jpg

DSC_1010_zpsd89f28fd.jpg

DSC_1010_zpsd89f28fd.jpg

DSC_1014_zpsc7658c94.jpg

ive dug myself a hole i think with this venture, but i hope to at least get the tank to the finished stage for the GB it is being done for, wish me luck its time up on paddys day, aarrrgggh :'(

That looks great and welcome to "this side of the fence" ;D

Look forward to more postings.

Marty Pull teh finger out and get paint on it!!!!!! ;)

That is some nice through the hatch interior you are working on. It will look awesome when it is finished and painted up. Looking forward to the next update.

Latest posts

Back