Revell Y-Wing

Thundergod

I've had a few of Revells "Easy-Kits" in storage for a couple of years and have recently dug them out and begun work on them . My modelling time is quite limited , so "super-detailing/accurizing" is not really an option for me at the moment . That's not stopped me from "tweaking" though and on the Y-Wing , I've added a little detail here and there with styrene chips , brass rod and wire . The main gun is a place holder ( actually from the old MPC Y-Wing ) until I fabricate a new one . This kit gets a lot of flak from some modellers , but I think it's a pretty good representation of the ship , especially at the price point . Anyhoo , the "Wishbone" is still a w.i.p , so be gentle with a new member ! ;D
2013-07-23175318_zpsb224411b.jpg

2013-07-23175304_zps735e8d01.jpg

2013-07-23175309_zps90a10e81.jpg

well! you sure did manage to make that kit look GOOD and it makes me second-guess...
the piping looks good, too...

Matthew Amundsen said:
What color did you use around the cockpit? (the orange part)

I like it.
Well , keep it to yourself , but that's the factory paint app . I masked off that area before re-spraying the model because it was such a good match to the studio model and I knew I might have trouble finding as good a colour match again ! I still need to paint the grey area of the canopy , but am holding fire until I build a new gun .

The Revell Star Wars line is a good one. Not perfect, but quite good, even though with pre-painted parts, you can have a good weathering and even repainted it.

Good work on this Y-wing. ;)
It's bigger than the AMT kit, and based on my observation, quite the same scale than the Fine Molds kit. :)

Your base is a self made one or something you bought ?

YOULI said:
The Revell Star Wars line is a good one. Not perfect, but quite good, even though with pre-painted parts, you can have a good weathering and even repainted it.

Good work on this Y-wing. ;)
It's bigger than the AMT kit, and based on my observation, quite the same scale than the Fine Molds kit. :)

Your base is a self made one or something you bought ?

Thanks YOULI , the base is one of a few I've just put together to use up some bits of wood I had hanging around . I also had an A4 sized piece of mirrored plastic I picked up discounted at a craft store , so I put that to use as well .

I started off with the plain block .

2013-07-18121547_zps702f31ea.jpg

After fixing in my workbench , I used a small electric sander ( Mouse ) to give it an edge .

2013-07-18131109_zps7defa20a.jpg

2013-07-18121607_zps0be8923c.jpg

I then cut a matching piece of the mirrored plastic .

2013-07-18131156_zps119b0f32.jpg

And then attached it with some epoxy . When fixed , I sanded the plastic to fit the block a little more . It was then a simple job of drilling a hole to fit either a length of brass or aluminium rod .

2013-07-18121629_zpsa1338fdf.jpg

wow... :D

Mirror plastic. I Only have the "glass" ones... More difficult to drill into.

Great job on what is basically a toy, I guess with some time and TLC this kit can be made respectable.

very cool looking indeed I just love the Y-wing it's my fav fighter I wish they would make a 1/48 or even better a 1/32 scale one.

arohk said:
very cool looking indeed I just love the Y-wing it's my fav fighter I wish they would make a 1/48 or even better a 1/32 scale one.

thre was somone who made a resin 1/48th scale y-wing in the states... cant remember his name but if you ask around on starship modeller you might find out... think his name was Alfred Wong

Latest posts

Back