Revell X-Wing

chris731

I'm tight on room so this small snap kit was the perfect size for my shelf. A little bit of weathering so it wouldn't look so toy like. It's a pretty cool little snap kit. Thanks for looking.

xwingpaper-vi.jpg

IMG_4182-vi.jpg

IMG_4183-vi.jpg

Awesome job, chris731. A one to one reproduction of the X-wing in the illustration. Nice and dirty, a
weathered veteran of the Rebellion. Congrats! Bill

Love what you've done here. That little Revell kit looks great. And I especially like what you've done with the first pic, showing it off in it's world with a proper backdrop. Nice photo shop work there.

Glorfindel said:
Love what you've done here. That little Revell kit looks great. And I especially like what you've done with the first pic, showing it off in it's world with a proper backdrop. Nice photo shop work there.

Thanks, it needed to be out in space somewhere. I used Paintshop Pro 9 to put it in another world. Its an old program but easy to use.

Did the same thing with the old AMT ertl X-Wing from eons ago.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I forgot to mention, I ended up picking up the same kit at my local hobby store last weekend after watching your video on YouTube.

I still say...for the price, they are VERY nice kits. I understand that there is a sub-culture of "rivet counters" and I've seen explosive conversations about this alleged mandible issue with every Millennium Falcon model kit that has ever been conceived by modern man. Nonetheless...I really dig these Revell kits.
All I need is something to paint and then run around the house with. All of these will probably end up being destroyed by my new son, but for the price...I probably won't faint when he does.
Nice paint job and welcome to the asylum my fellow addict.

Nice job.

My only knock on the Revell X-wing kit is poorly detailed cockpit, and the round grill type part on the guns where the barrels meet the part in the wing it is just painted lines.

Latest posts

Back