Revell/Matchbox T-2C Buckeye and Revell SR-71 Blackbird (both 1/72)

Hodges

Hello everyone! I'm excited to finally share my work on these two, which represent, respectively, the first and second scale models I've ever built.

First, the T-2C from Revell. I had a lot of fun with this one, although I ran into plenty of problems when it cam time for paint, since it was my first time and I don't have an airbrush. The rather fiddly masking problems I had here had a lot to do with the choice to move on to the all-black SR-71 next.

Sorry the photos aren't great, I don't own a proper digital camera, so I had to use my crummy iPhone.

img0871nd.jpg

img0877x.jpg

img0883g.jpg

Next, the SR-71. I had a much better time with the fine details on this one, but the raised detail made seam-filling more interesting. I used a Testor's rattle-can enamel matte-finish on this one and I think it turned out pretty well. Sorry for the miserably bad photos ::) I forgot to take a wide-shot which was...dumb.

img0923t.jpg

img0917j.jpg

img0919u.jpg

img0937s.jpg

Thanks for looking! Next up for me is a little Airfix Trafalgar class sub (I love submarines) which should be quick. After that I'm going very ambitious with a beautiful Trumpeter mig-19 I found.

Since it's the summer now and I'm working again I think I'm going to jump in and get an airbush when I get my first paycheck. I am really looking forward to that.

great planes. Love the blackbird! Good plan to purchase an airbrush, it will add a very exciting dimension to your model making.

I missed these the first time around. :-[

Nicely done Hodges. I really like the Buckeye.

Latest posts

Back