F-35B

Hey Rob, I used 3D decals from Quinta Studio...
And I agree with Black Sheep, I should add a flat clearcoat and some weathering. However, the issue with weathering is to know how much. This is why I am always a bit hesitant.

Hey Rob, I used 3D decals from Quinta Studio...
And I agree with Black Sheep, I should add a flat clearcoat and some weathering. However, the issue with weathering is to know how much. This is why I am always a bit hesitant.
Navy aircraft I would weather the shit out of. Please don't ever take what I say as gospel but I think those f-35s were pampered

Pampered.. eeehhh. They are stored under open hangars though. They still get dirty but not as bad as Navy jets on carriers. Keep in mind, they don’t wash them down after every flight.

Pampered.. eeehhh. They are stored under open hangars though. They still get dirty but not as bad as Navy jets on carriers. Keep in mind, they don’t wash them down after every flight.
I hear you. I'm just a civilian who doesn't know anything but I tell you one thing? If I was a pilot of that F-35 and I'm streaking through some foreign country and so far no one has a clue I'm in their country? I want to look damn good doing that!

We’re all civilians as hobbyists. LOL! Hell, I’m hard of hearing and never served in the military.
I’ve done a fair enough aircraft kits in my life. So reading aviation magazines, books, online sources, etc… is basically research.

Latest posts

Back