Revell Kanonenjagdpanzer

andrei383

Hi everyone,

I thought that for my next build I'll try my hand at a build log! The subject will be the Revell 1/35th scale Kanonenjagdpanzer. It will be OOB but I'll try some detailing to improve the kit.

If you would like to add any constructive comments, please feel free to do so! It would help me greatly to become better at scale modelling. ;)

revell-kanonenjagdpanzer-anti-tank-vehicle.jpg

Pics to follow soon!

very cool andrei, doing a build log will be very helpfull to you so we can help if any is needed and its gets you on here more often to make some more friends ;D

Looking forward to seeing this one coming along...never build a revell Kit before

Ok, on with the build! :D

First a sprue shot to show what I'm working with, seems to be a nicely molded kit.
DSC_3506_640x425.jpg

As with most kits of tracked vehicles, the running gear is built first. Most of the work was to sand the molding stubs off the road wheels.
DSC_3511_640x425.jpg

The upper hull of this kit is molded in 6 pieces and the fit is not exact. Some filling will need to be done at the seams.
DSC_3514_640x425.jpg

Thats as far as I am at the moment. I need to wait for the glue to dry before filling and sanding! :)

Looking grand. I love modern German armor (early WW2 also). Look forward to your work on this one.

Built some of the smaller assemblies...
DSC_3516_640x425.jpg

...and attached them to the hull. At this point, many smaller parts were attached and the cannon assembly was completed as well.
DSC_3517_640x425.jpg

Lastly, a dry fit of the cannon assembly and running gear.
DSC_3519_640x425.jpg

With the basic assembly done (Revell kits tend not to be as high in parts count), I will be adding some detail. Although, this is probably all until the weekend, classes start tomorrow again!

thanks everyone! ;D

@wyoroy: the kit has relatively good details although this is just based on the few kits i have, i'll try to get some detail shots this weekend

@geegad: as of now, the biggest problem of the kit is the multi-part upper hull. my kit had a bit of warping so it was a little bit of a hassle to glue it together. it also left a number of seams that needed to be filled and sanded

Hey andrei383, very cool modern tank hunter. You can definitely see a resemblance to its WW2 ancestors.
Good luck with the build. Bill

@Panzerman, it definitely reminds one of the Jagdpanzer IV, a very unique vehicle indeed, especially for its era.

The build continues:

Pioneer tools are ready for paint
DSC_3548_640x425.jpg

smoke grenade launchers detailed with wire to represent the retention chains, at the moment, i don't know of a way to make such small chains in 1/35th scale besides photo-etch, which i dont have
DSC_3551_640x425.jpg

the rear towing hitch was originally molded as a solid piece. i trimmed it out and added a locking pin from stretched sprue and a retention chain from wire. the two towing hooks had bolt detail added and the jerry can holders were fixed with Evergreen sheet styrene (the originals were not molded properly)
DSC_3555_640x425.jpg

front mirrors were adjusted so they were folded as i intend to portray the vehicle on exercise and weld beads were added to mirror mounts and the mounts for the infrared searchlight. wire was also added to the headlights
DSC_3558_640x425.jpg

thats the work so far, its getting closer to priming and paint! ;D

thanks for following!

Nice detailing with the smoke grenades..and the tools look sweat..looking forward to seein it with some colour

Geegad

thanks Geegad! ;D

first layer of color, rattlecan primer
DSC_3578_640x425.jpg

DSC_3579_640x425.jpg

DSC_3580_640x425.jpg

DSC_3582_640x425.jpg

tools and machine gun have been painted, weathering to follow
DSC_3583_640x425.jpg

DSC_3584_640x425.jpg

DSC_3585_640x425.jpg

thanks for viewing! ;D

Very nice work on the extra details. So far I'm so impressed with your work and the kit I want one ;D

thanks Norm, geegad, and wyoroy! ;D

@wyoroy: if you are into Cold War Era Vehicles, this is definitely a unique vehicle to add to your collection!

the painting continues, color has been added to the running gear, including the red greasing points in the hubs:
DSC_3591_640x425.jpg

Latest posts

Back