Revell 56' Ford F-100 rust bucket

Cool. You've set the stage for some cool chipping.

I think should should have at least one different colored door, quarter etc...

Thanks guys. There's another rust layer on top of the last one I posted. I'm stuck debating with myself as to what color to paint her. Blue's have been done before and greens to close to blue. I'd like to stay away from red because I think I would have trouble fading to the worn, weathered look. But Scott, you've got me thinking about the different color door thing as I'm intrigued by the suggestion. More research!!!
On another note this image has me flummoxed. Can I say that here? I think it's so cool.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Great looking pics there!! Whole lotta eye candy going on!! Bring it on!! ;)

Tonight's update is influenced by that attachment pic I posted above. I tried to mimic the way some remnants of weathered primer shows through in areas on the body. Reread Todd's rusting article a dozen times already and never get tired of it.
So this is where I stand. Sort of a two toned primer layer of Tamiya German Gray and Tamiya Neutral Gray with a few drops of Flat White as an additional highlighter for the Neutral Gray. All of this was airbrushed on only to the areas I wanted primer to show through. Everything is heavily chipped using hairspray.

rustampprimer4_zps9cca9dc5.jpg
rustampprimer1_zps909fe97a.jpg
rustampprimer2_zpsa530d7a8.jpg
rustampprimer3_zpsd5e19c22.jpg

Suggestions always welcome,
Anthony

Amazing what some color will do!! This is shaping up very nice there Anthony!! Let the fun stuff begin!! ;D ;D ;D

Thanks Todd, I have you to thank. And your right a bit of color just makes everything pop, even though it's just gray tones. I took a new round of pics as I couldn't get the camera to cooperate last night. Did it right today.

Rustyprimer_zps2cbf0434.jpg
Rustyprimer2_zpsb46d40ef.jpg
Rustyprimer3_zps497adf62.jpg
Rustyprimer4_zps0b73185d.jpg
Rustyprimer5_zpsf6aad817.jpg
Rustyprimer6_zpsfd3d5a81.jpg

Even Better!! ;D ;D ;D ;D Those rust tines show through really well!!! Nice work on those rims as well!! ;)

There you go! That's looking cool.

I wouldn't stop there, a few more rounds like that varying the color and man, you'll have something totally wacked out cool.

Thanks boys. I think I'm hedging towards a green truck. I know I was up in the air a few posts back but after some research I kind of like what the green brings to the table.

Latest posts

Back