Revell 1977 Jeep CJ-7

TJBegin

Don’t know if this is the right forum but just finished this model and I’m glad it’s done. What happened to Revell? Poor quality. Poor fit (and way too many parts fit together one piece resting on another piece (eg, roll bars, dashboard…). And the body and chassis base (or bottom of the chassis) was molded into one piece. So spray painted the bottom and had to tape it off to paint the body…with mixed results. Anyway, disappointed in this one.

Here’s a couple: (1) hood glues onto windshield glues onto dashboard. (2) bottom of vehicle (spray painted brown) one piece with body. This also shows roll bars which rested into each other.

IMG_7712.jpeg

IMG_7711.jpeg

Most likely repops of the original molds - especially if they’re old moldings. I haven’t been too impressed with Revell lately except for their newer stuff (Revell of Germany)

Revell has a habit of repopping old Monogram kits as pure garbage. Revel bought out all of Monogram original molds and releasing them under the Revell badge. I tend to stay far away from them after the repop of the original Black Widow kit. Ended up tossing that POS. Never again.

I haven’t done a Jeep kit since I was a kid in the late 70s - most likely it was an MPC kit back then.

My favorite brand when it comes to auto kits were vintage Monogram, MPC and the old Revell vintage kits of the 70s and 80s. AMT aren’t too bad. I’ve acquired a few vintage kits from my youth years in the past couple years from fellow modeler colleagues and eBay.

Latest posts

Back