Revell 1950 Ford F-1 Pickup

Ialarmu

Here's a heavy weathering/rusty/gunkery type experiment. This was a LOT of fun!

I used brown enamel from a rattle can for my base coat, then 2 coats of cheap high hold hairspray. I then hit it with a cutom paint colour using Tamiya paints. About 20 mins to dry and I carefully brushed on tepid water to soften the paint. Then it's just a job for a stiff brush and various other mark making tools (e.g.toothpicks etc.) to start chipping the paint. It's easy to get carried away, however I was going for a really rusty look.

I used no clearcoats of any kind, I finished it off with a black wash of black artist oils and then some Flory pigments to get some rusty run marks. I just wet the pigments with alcohol and using a fine brush added the pigments to the rust spots. When the pigments dried(like only 30 seconds) I took a soft brush and stroked once or twice downwards. Phils pigments are the only ones I've ever tried but, I really like them.

The decals on the door are rub-ons from Staples and represent Marshall-Wells Hardware company which my Dad worked for in the 60's, this is a gift for him so I had a bit of fun with it. The seat cover is just cheetah pattern copied from the net. I shrunk it a bit in "paint" and printed it off on regular printer paper. I then sprayed 2 coats of Testors decal bonder on both sides before cutting it and applying it with school white glue.

The water bottle on the seat is made with clear sprue, the ladder( I had fun with this) is just popsicle sticks and toothpicks cut up to size, I used plasticard for the hardware. Stained with Flory models wash and "decorated" it with various paint splatters to present a well used ladder.

Just a lot of fun guys, no rules for these builds you just let your imagination run wild.

039.jpg

036.jpg

005.jpg

007.jpg

029.jpg

025.jpg

023.jpg

022.jpg

021.jpg

017.jpg

014.jpg

012.jpg

011.jpg

032.jpg
015.jpg

011.jpg

010.jpg

Awesome !! WoW ! This really looks Steller !! Awesome rusting job !! I love th ladder & all of th "freight" in th back. That Seat cover is Bangin' !! I really Dig th wear on th fenders !! Great touches all th way around !!

Love all the touches, sells it weallwell.
I really like the filthy cracked windshield

Thats awesome, really love everything ya done to this...............thats a busy old loadbed with some terrific stuff in there ;D

`Boots`

One of the better weathering jobs I've seen. I love the six-shooter on the seat :) Very nice work!

This is the most realistic weathering job that I have ever seen, you should do a tutorial on how you made it look this way. Awesome work, keep it up!!!!

Bump for the good of us all!

Everybody see this one? I'm taking notes. Off the charts Ialarmu, off the freakin' charts!

This build is toooo cooool!!!! Love the rag in the gas tank. Excellent touch.

Latest posts

Back