Revell 1/48 Lunar Module

Yes. Same stuff. I always keep some of it around since I find so many uses for it. It's thicker than BMF so it's much easier to work with. And you can emboss it with a pin and you get instant rivets!

It looked like the same thing I use. Thanks for letting me know! It is pretty easy to work with.

Once again Jim, outstanding detail work on the LEM. Percision plus.

Anybody wanna buy a boxed LEM kit......

Where'd I put those knitting needles......

Someone here asked me about my windows and I thought I'd post the artwork. It's in PDF format and all you'd have to do is print it to an inkjet printer onto inkjet transparency film. Then paint them white on the backs and you've got some decent windows. Mind you, you can't see through them but perhaps with a little modification... :)

The docking target is included. I printed this to glossy photo paper, mounted it to styrene sheet and then cut it out.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jim , thanks for the drawing , I have 2 of these models and they would really help out !
And thanks for posting this build as well.

Hello Jim;
Thanks for the drawing. It will help out quite a bit. I am sure I will be calling on you for guidance and inspiration on my project. I have a ton of photos so we will see how it turns out. Anyway, great job on the LM.
Troy

Very glad to help where I can. I'd love to watch your build and how you approach this subject.

I've finally got to adding the Pyromark shrouds on the upper leg supports (at the ladder leg anyway). And I've added the ladder and the "Porch" (including the MESA release handle). Next up are the remaining shrouds on the other 3 legs.

IMG_1816.jpg
IMG_1817.jpg

Staggering attention to detail, Jim. I'm Really enjoying this thread. You've got amazing skills. Keep up the good work!

Here's how I'm making the shrouds for the upper leg supports. I started with a paper template and curled it around a paintbrush. I had to refine it several times to get the shape just right.

IMG_1818.jpg

I then transfer it to my Pyromark (which is flat black lacquer sprayed onto aluminum tape, which is then stuck down to the back of some thin gold foil.

IMG_1819.jpg

It's curled around a paintbrush and the edges are bent out as shown.

IMG_1820.jpg

Its then held upside down in place on the support with a pair of tweezers and CA glue is then run into the seam.

IMG_1822.jpg

The shroud is then turned around to face the correct orientation (seam down) and it's crumpled a little.

IMG_1824.jpg

A second smaller rectangular piece is then slid under the first shroud. This is the hardest part and takes me several minutes to fuss this into the correct location and introduce the crumples.

IMG_1826.jpg

A thin piece of Kapton tape is attached to the edge of the first shroud, and voila! 2 more legs to go!

Jim2001,
you, my friend are.....Off da hook!!!!!
That is an incredible amount of detail....Bordering on insane. ;D
It is extremely awesome!
;D ;D ;D

Latest posts

Back