REPUBLIC NCC-1371 in dry dock

Thank you Noc5659,
However, I used the Krylon Met. Gold for an underbase, and then sprayed the X-Metals translucent red over that. :)
The Gold makes it a far "Richer" red, I think the red over silver may be a bit on the pinker side....but then again, I have never tried it over silver.
;)

Well,I think I have her finished. :)
Just spent a couple hours doing some more weathering, and discoloration.
Since she is NOT the Enterprise, I decided that she was probably involved in the Human / Kzinn wars.
I envisioned her being involved in a heated battle where her shields held (barely), and her hull shows signs of heat/energy dispersion.
I didn't use the flash, so the subtleties of the discoloration would show.
I might look at her again tomorrow when I get home, and see if I want to do more to her. BUT maybe I need to just walk away. :)

Republic14.jpg

Republic13.jpg

Republic12.jpg

Republic26.jpg

Republic26.jpg

Republic25.jpg

Republic24.jpg

Republic23.jpg

Republic22.jpg

Republic21.jpg

Republic19.jpg

Republic18.jpg

Republic17.jpg

Republic16.jpg

Republic15.jpg

Thanx,
it has been a long term project. I think I started it in spring of 2010.However, I am easily distracted and have finished several other projects that I had started after her. ::)
I think she is an older model than the Enterprise. That way I can get away with the inaccuracies of the kit!
I am so looking forward to the Polar lights 1/350th scale "E"
;D;D;D

You've done a remarkable job on her, Mike!
And I think that the amount of weathering on her is just enough - no more nor less required, ideal.
Cheers for completing!
Great job again! Bravo!

Yeah "Krypto", I LOVE these decals.
They are the ones that are included in Round 2's re-release.
The model however is the 1989 issue. :)
I wish that Round 2 would just make the decal sheets available by themselves.
;D;D;D;D;D

Looks terrific, Mike!

It's cool to see a TOS ship with weathering for a change. Really nice job there and, like others said, it's just enough I would say.

The colour is great. The decals look marvelous and the weathering is a great touch!

Thanx Igard! My fellow Trek modeller, and stuff.
I have read, and seen some pix that show the studio model of the Enterpris did actually have some weathering and distressing done to it. The filming methods of the day, however tended to wash most of it out. :/
As far as this model goes, the divots in the underside of the saucer always bothered me, but I didn't want to do all the work necessary to remove them, and try to make new circles once I had filled and sanded the holes.... So, I just made them into torpedo launch tubes. :)

This is a beautiful build! I agree that the subtle weathering is perfect. Looks great!

Latest posts

Back