Republic D-Wing "Arrowhead" Fighter

Thundergod

This is my Republic D-Wing "Arrowhead" Fighter scratchbuild I originally started work on a couple of years ago . I recently returned to it and added some internal cockpit detail as initially , it was just a "blacked out" canopy . It's an original design , but I've taken design cues from the "E-Wing" and various other craft . And yes , I KNOW both "D-Wing" and "Arrowhead" have since been used but I was unaware of that at the time of the first build and after all , it's EU , so all's fair etc ! It's built from sheet styrene with a few kit parts for detailing . I'm in the process of adding the landing gear and have an R2 wating to be installed .
2013-04-14215448_zpsc78fac58.jpg

2013-04-14215600_zps6fadea8f.jpg

2013-04-14215549_zps75bb5898.jpg

2013-04-14215611_zpsfd924a6c.jpg

2013-04-14215913_zps29570159.jpg

2013-04-19205511_zps585f0809.jpg
I'll be adding updated pics a.s.a.p. ;)

It looks nice congratulations!

Is it the picture or a laser canon is looking at the right? :p

A very impressive scratch-built here ! :D

What scale is it supposed to be ? And do you think you can share with us other sight seeing of this beautiful original piece ? The rear, the botoom ?

YOULI said:
A very impressive scratch-built here ! :D

What scale is it supposed to be ? And do you think you can share with us other sight seeing of this beautiful original piece ? The rear, the botoom ?

The scale is roughly 1/24 . I'll be posting more pictures as soon as I finish the "fine tuning" . Thanks for the positive comments . ;)

Absolutely stunning!
I've always loved this EU design, and your interpretation looking great.

Solander said:
Absolutely stunning!
I've always loved this EU design, and your interpretation looking great.

It's actually my own design , I just ripped off ..er , I mean took the E-Wing as inspiration ! ;D

Yes, this is pretty cool!
What really jumped out at me at first glance, were the engines!!! They look great!
I am a little weird like that. I will look at pix of someone's build here, and there is usually a single thing that really catches my eye...
This is kewl! Maybe you could take a pic with something next to it, so we can get an idea of size?

;D ;D ;D

Latest posts

Back