Re: Weird-OoOohs[Complete]

Re: Weird-OoOohs[WIP]

13aceofspades13 said:
nice touch with the saliva on his tung, how did you do that?

Crystal Clear "Gallery Glass" It's a liquid stain glass product took me 3 tries to get the drip

Thanks Quaralane and Grendals

textured the face a little using squadron putty thinned with acetone used the same gallery glass to add some depth to the eyes. Was fun trying techniques I hadn't used before to get the effect I wanted.

This kit has just been plain old fun. Using all kinds of different techniques and coming up with things I have never seen done just paying around to see what I can get away with.

Body is painted and face and hands are in place. Actually have him leaning like this to let the hand dry in place.

RF252758.jpg

RF252757.jpg

Here is the shift knob was a riot to do still need to paint the arm itself.

RF252760.jpg

Couple more days and I will wrap this build up.

MAGIC !!!! ;D I love these things ...how did I miss this one ,brilliant work on the weirdo ,really like that ,cant wait to see this finished off ,what are the kits like ? ive thought of getting a few myself for a bit of fun .

Brilliant .

Chris.

Most excellent work!!! This will look great when it is done. ;D

Hey Chris, This kit came outta my parts box I have 2 others one that I built when I was young that is in pieces now another that I almost finished and this one that I had just started all a very long time ago. I don't have the instructions anymore or boxes but I am pretty sure they are from the original run. The kits themselves are very hap hazard as far as fit and finish and are more like a happy meal toy then a real model kit. Having said that, like I said I have been having a blast with this kit because you are free to do what you want. No rules about anything. No historical references to worry about, just pure unadulterated freedom and fun. Adding the texture to the face and the hands sculpting the parachute pack, adding the exhaust etc etc. and letting the creative juices flow has been a real pleasure. This kit is about satisfying yourself. I think every model builder should build at least one of these.

Thanks Grendals ;D

The goal is completion!!! Testors enamels, Tamiya Acrylics, Water colors, gallery glass, pastels, squadron putty, etc etc etc etc. I think I threw everything at this. AND IT WAS FUN!!!

RF272773.jpg

RF272774.jpg

RF272777.jpg

RF272778.jpg

RF272776.jpg

RF2727691.jpg

RF2727771.jpg

RF272772.jpg

RF272771.jpg

RF272770.jpg

RF272775.jpg

Time to clean the desk and start the next project. ;D ;D

That is one WILD looking model kit! Great finish on that!

Great work on this one. All the touches you put in really make it pop

((( ;D))) Man that is sick .....I love it ,brilliantly finished . I'd love to see a few more of them .
Well done buddy .

Chris.

That's solid. Cool build, and a very unique. Looks great.

Very nice it makes me want to track a few down and expand the stash a bit, but I must resist!!

That's pretty cool,great paintwork it has a comic book feel to it. 8)

Thanks everyone glad you all like it. Think everyone should build at least one of these. I might do another or rebuild one of my old ones.

Ha ha .. ! great job ! I always liked the old school models,, makes me want to build one too !.

Latest posts

Back