Re: Weird-OoOohs[Complete]

ScarredKustoms

Whatcha building!?
Had to set aside my VW-Rat build for a bit and while digging through the garage I found some more kits and I found two old Weird-Ohs kits that I had when I was a kid. Huey's hut rod I had built a long LOOONG time ago and since has been reduced to pieces but it looks to be mostly there... Definitely rebuildable with a few pieces broken... might scratch build the hut out of balsa or bass wood. And then there is Digger. One of the original Weirdo-ohs I had started. I wish I had the the boxes or something to prove these are from the original Hawk models... I am pretty sure I have Davey somewhere too.

Here is a picture of the pile o parts.
Photo0244.jpg

Textured and started repainting the helmet. Trying to make it look like an old suede helmet. also attached the right arm. REALLY BAD seams but I don't think anyone really cared much about that almost 40 yrs ago specially on a caricature model.

Photo0245.jpg

Almost got the seam looking the way I want it to. Sculpted in a few wrinkles to really hide the seam.

Photo0248.jpg

Worked on the motor a little also ... really simple kit ... after doing some research I noticed that Digger doesn't have any exhaust on the motor just the pipes coming out of his head. So I went ahead and made him some.

Photo0249.jpg

Here is a picture of Digger's box art that I found on the wild wacky web.
weird-ohs-models.jpg

Will do a separate post of Huey's hut rod when I start rebuilding him. ;D

Re: Weird-OoOohs[WIP]

Scott Girvan said:
Wild kit! I have never seen those before.

I remember the day I got the 3 kits. Think I was like 12, there was this old guy that had a hobby store in his basement. Had low prices even back then. I would spend hours digging through all his models he had floor to ceiling shelves of all kinds of old and odd ball kits ... I have the remains of a kit I can't find a lot of info on. It's a 4 door Corvette I bought that from that shop too.

Quaralane said:
Nice work on that seem. Nice nostalgia kit there

Thank you, trying to go off the box art even though there are no pictures of the back but can see the wrinkles in the front going to recreate those too. I just noticed also the piston shooting out of the top of the engine. ;) Gotta add that.

this brings back memories !..remember the zinger models? the very first model I ever built was the volkswagon.somewhere around 73-74

4120940551_01b10bbe1d_z.jpg

YES!! I think I have parts to the Semi-truck

Didn't they build some of these cars for real for promotion?

I wonder if any are still around.

sorry I won't hijack any more but these cars bring back so many memories from my youth !

Zinger-show-car-Van.jpg

Zinger-show-car-VW.jpg

Zinger-show-car-Dune.jpg

Zinger-show-car-Super-Drag.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

PICT0394.jpg

bugout6.jpg

zinger10.jpg

So if you don't mind me asking - those cars....what were they made for other than photo shoots with female serial killers?

Zinger-show-car-Van.jpg

Scott Girvan said:
So if you don't mind me asking - those cars....what were they made for other than photo shoots with female serial killers?

Zinger-show-car-Van.jpg

LMAO I'm not even sure of what they where for I just remember them from when I was a kid and thought they where awesome.

Don't worry about Hijacking the thread RocketSilo I'm glad you found these pictures they are sweet. They bring back memories for me too. One in particular. My dad had an old Ford pickup with the big bias ply tires like the ones on the back of the Zingers... He had them off one day working on his truck and while he was looking I snatched the tires and rolled them into the back yard where I was trying to figure out how to put them on my go-kart... He tried to be mad but was laughing too hard.

Still working on this along with the Sopwith and the VW rat.

Got the face done with drool on a tongue I made from an old toothbrush.

face.jpg

Also did a little more work to the motor. After looking at the box illustration I seen that the one piston was flying out of the motor so I put a hole in the top of the motor where I will attach the piston on a thin piece of guitar string.

engine.jpg

Sculpted his parachute pack also that attaches to his back but the pictures didn't come out going to try again after I paint it.

nice touch with the saliva on his tung, how did you do that?

Latest posts

Back