Ratrod Marathon Build

Looks good Scott. Looks like the Alclad chrome worked good for you. I've always had trouble with that stuff. The grill and surround looks good to.

Scott Girvan said:
Ken told me about the hair dryer as he uses it to speed up drying times. I really don't know if it cures the paint any faster however I would think it gives it a head start by evaporating the surface water very fast. I've been using it pretty much every build; after acrylic paint, after AK Interactive layers. I know it's best to let things sit and dry but my bench time is usually short and I want to get stuff done, so I speed up drying with the machine.

Scott or Ken:

So the hair dryer theory only works with acrylics or will it work with Enamels as well ? Lately Ive been shooting only enamels (Donn Yost method) but like and want to try the hair dryer theory (it makes sense). Is thinking it should work on anything but just want to clarify for sure. Let me know Scott. Thanks Mate!!!!!

Nice, Thanks Scott, Im going to attempt to try this with my current build Im doing :D I really like the idea ha. Anything to speed up the process between coats is a good thing :D

Nice work Scott, your rat rod build is coming right along. I have been following your thread from the beginning and its great to see you're almost done !

Cheers !

Rob B

I have watched every video on YouTube over the past two or three nights after work that has to do about rusting and chipping and now I'm chomping at the bit. I think I need a Parvo shot.

Finally got around to taking some pics of this one. It's done. Thanks for all the comments and help along the way with this one.

4362.jpg

4363.jpg

4364.jpg

4365.jpg

4366.jpg

4367.jpg

4368.jpg

4369.jpg

Look at that!!! 8) R2 looks right at home in the back. Love the build and style of the pics.

Latest posts

Back