Ratrod Marathon Build

Coolness.

Thing is you can watch a bit here and there...or the entire time..lol. I'll be doing progress updates every so often.

But for the prizes (Tshirts, stickers, a mag or two) you have to 'be there' when the draw is made. Should be interesting. Just hope my connection holds up.

Looking forward to it, I'm as you know on holiday at the parents house and brought the in-laws with us so having to transalate and play tourguide... but really hoping to tune in as much as I can!

Just keep the family off the internet so we can see great video with no drops hehehe

Wow, Ambitious are we! Best of luck Scott. I have to be at work for 5:30 am ( O'dark thirty) Thursday morning but will check out your progress when I get home sometime in the afternoon.

Have I worked this out correctly that it'll be in abotu 4 hours? I'm on GMT over here, which seems to be 4 hours ahead of you?

Maybe I should show solidarity and build a Model, too. That would be funny. Ok, I dont have a Cam, but with some photos. A mass marathon build :D

Watching from work at Minot AFB, Chilly North Dakota. I saw that you spray in the room with no spray booth. Does the fumes become overpowering at all? If you answered this on the live stream, I apologize as work might have pulled me away for a few minutes...and the internet here sucks. Good luck with the build, the world is watching...no pressure!

Building a Rat Rod while listening to ZZ top. I like your style Scott. ;D

Was fun to watch off and on while I was cleaning and reorganizing the CMD...although I have to say that you got me on a Tragically Hip kick now...for the record though, the Tragically Hip station on Pandora plays a pretty diverse mix of music I loved through high school and college...so that's worthy!

Coolness. The Hip rocks.

Here are pics from the 22hour build. I will be continuing on this very soon. To recap here's what I accomplished in that time period.

Sanded tires, rusted rims and frame. Chopped roof. Weld beads. Scribed panel lines. Added raised (too raised IMO) detail. Assembled engine. Scratch build dizzy offset, injector pump, velocity stacks. Primered engine.

+++

Looking at the velocity stacks, and this being an X-Wing theme, I might change them out for 3 lightsabre style pipes... also gonna touch up the scribed panel lines on the body. Maybe sand back the raised bits a bit.

Here's the pics.

4211.jpg

4212.jpg

4213.jpg

4214.jpg

4215.jpg

4216.jpg

4217.jpg

4218.jpg

4219.jpg

4220.jpg

4221.jpg

4222.jpg

4223.jpg

4224.jpg

4225.jpg

Yip that is looking very cool :) i like the welds on the roof chop . Hope to see it finished soon :)

Chris.

Latest posts

Back