quick category question

RocketSilo

I am thinking of one of my entrys being a guideline missile on launcher stand(1:35 Trumpeter)
what category would this fall in , or does it not qualify for a category? ,, that would be ok I can pick other models or possibly make a diorama with it.

thanks in advance
Andy

That's a very good question.

It's almost armor but not quite, and it's definitely an air borne weapon but does it belong in the air category competing with planes?

Lets see what Scott thinks.

8)

thanks SMM,
well it shoots down planes ..lol , but I will probably go for the diorama if I decide to go ahead with it.
it would be too plain without some supporting stuff and a base.

While I think it could be entered into Armor or Aircraft, ultimately it flies, I would put it in the aircraft category

this is why a soft skins category should be "added"...... you could also enter technicals in it as well???

just an idea!

Thanks Ken :p

Hmmm...good one. Got me there - a wee bit.

Umm...

Ahhh...

Honestly, pick the category you want to enter - Armor or Air - and then see how things go. If I were you I'd take the diorama route.

In the future the categories will expand / get refined. This is only year 2 and therefore we are doing our best to keep things simple....to avoid......confusion. :-X

Good to know Scott !!! Last thing we want is IPMS style.... Classifications! please stay the Heck away from that !!! I need to bring a lunch with me every time I go to one !!! its so long !!! yuck !

like" 1945, Soft Skin, Open Top, Left door Ajar, Right Blinker :ON:, 3rd week of October, Rainy Day ! "
and yes... you will find a guy in that very Class !!! Hummm? LOL and no one knew it existed till the
day you got there...! Odd ?

LOL

just kidding !!!

I'm just starting to have fun with my Builds and I'm glad I got out of the comp. Circuit !!! why build for others ? and be Unhappy ?

The SMA Big contest has Flipped the "Contest Attitude" on its SIDE !!! which is Refreshing !!!

schweinhund227 said:
like" 1945, Soft Skin, Open Top, Left door Ajar, Right Blinker :ON:, 3rd week of October, Rainy Day ! "
and yes... you will find a guy in that very Class !!! Hummm? LOL and no one knew it existed till the
day you got there...! Odd ?

hahahaha. that's hilarious. so true Norm!

Latest posts

Back