Quick Bandai vs FM TIE Fighter pic

Unreality

or Jonathan if you prefer
This is just a quick comparison pic of the two TIE wings. As expected, the Bandai is larger. The detail is also better on the Bandai, but also a bit different.

For the uber-geeks, the Bandai is closer to 1/72 if you look at how big a TIE should be. The old of 6.4 m wing length is from the 80s and doesn't work out, but I believe it's the length the FM version is based on.

DSC_8251_zpslr46vzcx.jpg~original

I finished my Bandai TIE Fighter the other day- it's a superb kit, and a pleasure to put together. If anyone is hesitant about it being snap-fit, don't be- Bandai have been doing these for a long time!
I used Gundam paint markers for any colour details, and Gundam real Touch markers for weathering & panel lines. All in, it took less than five hours to build & paint- it's fantastic fun, and I would highly reccomend this model!

CBMgpbCWsAEYOEe.jpg

CBLPoTVWAAES6dn.jpg

i'm keen to get some of these up and coming bandai kits but right now i'm organising funds for a mortgage, but rest assured, i will get them at some point

Has anyone else done a similar size comparison with the bandai and fine molds x wings?

That TIE came out looking very nice. Sharp detail. It does not look like a snap kit.

Jimi said:
Has anyone else done a similar size comparison with the bandai and fine molds x wings?

Someone did. I know in my searches for X-wing projects I came across several such comparison.

Here is one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fTcJXeXLik

Hagoth said:
That TIE came out looking very nice. Sharp detail. It does not look like a snap kit

Thank you! Its no surprise to me how good Bandai's models are- I've built plenty of Gundams, and their quality is astounding. it's not even fair to compare them with other snap kits, since these are on another level entirely. The fact that the TIE was made in just a few hours, and only detailed with Gundam liners & markers is yet another good mark to the model.

Latest posts

Back