Pro Shop X-Wing....shelf queen for sure.

Glorfindel

As the title says this was a group build over at SSM that turned in to a shelf queen. Scott and Ty killed this thing but I have to say I was happy to be in it with them. Finished off in the Blue 7 livery it's not canon to the Star Wars universe however I did take the liberties to use artistic licensing in completing it's look. Many gaffs along the way that I would change in the future if another one of these Pro Shops comes my way (which it did) Overall it's a big model, 38cm long, enough scratch building to keep you on the edge of your own fiscal cliff. She's not perfect but she's done, and looks pretty cool on my roll top desk.

x4_zps142ade37.jpg
x8_zps44fa5ced.jpg
x3_zps1481017b.jpg
x5_zps46e9a5bc.jpg
x7_zps336905ab.jpg
x1_zpsb9d41cd4.jpg
x6_zps6caf2d9b.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nice man, really great. I didn't finish mine yet. I have a second and wanted to do it in this scheme. Love it.

i like the blue paint buddy. ;D

Where do you get these big X-wing and Y-wing kits from, and how much do they cost? I would love to build a studio scale Y-wing but not sure where to get one from, any tips?

Gag

Gag this is the AMT pro shop x wing (1/35 I believe? Same as the amt/ertl Vaders Tie...dio!) keep your eye out on eBay they sometimes go cheep. Studio scale models can also bee seen on eBay but check the classified over at resinilluminate.com there's always big stuff for sale.
That X Wing looks amazing. I just love it mate, not over done, lovely scheme just great.

The Nylon Gag said:
i like the blue paint buddy. ;D

Where do you get these big X-wing and Y-wing kits from, and how much do they cost? I would love to build a studio scale Y-wing but not sure where to get one from, any tips?

Gag
Thanks guys, she was a blast to work on. Scott your landed green is looking insane. Gag like John said troll EBay, they tend to pop up from time to time. Actually more often then you think. I just picked another one up for $27 US before Christmas. Now I was lucky with that one because no one else placed a bid, but generally these go off about $45-$60. Love to see you build one.
Cheers guys, Anthony

About the only thing I'd change would be painting inside the intakes.

She's a beautiful bird. Nice work on her

Thanks guys. Pat I did that in the first go round and to my eye it just looked too dirty. I ended up re priming and painting, then hitting them with some Tamiya pastels just to flavor them up a bit. I know those close to dead on shots just make them too bright. But your right, I may go in and darken them a bit just to tone them down.
Cheers.

Looks good, I have thought about picking up one of these, but I still have not. I have too many of them in the stash as it is. (Not the pro shop X-wing, but X-wings in general.)

I remember following that build on SSM, glad to see it finished

Wow that turned out great. Execellent job!

I' really like the weathering and color scheme as well. Very natural looking

The only area I'd say you might be able to improve on is the painting/weathering inside the engine intakes. It might just be the bright lights/flash used for the picture, but they look too "clean"

Looks great -- Nice Job

I've got an AMT electronic one nearing completion. I was hoping to clear coat it and weather soon but have been trying to get some Future into NZ. I might just get some modelers branded clear for this one and look further into the Future thing after summer.

once again love the X wing

Grendels said:
Looks good, I have thought about picking up one of these, but I still have not. I have too many of them in the stash as it is. (Not the pro shop X-wing, but X-wings in general.)
John if you ever think of building a large X-wing wait until later in the year for the Revell 1/30 scale to come out. If it's of good stature then grab that and add to your collection. If not then it's SS for you. Atomic City is still out there.

blakeh1 said:
I remember following that build on SSM, glad to see it finished

Wow that turned out great. Execellent job!

I' really like the weathering and color scheme as well. Very natural looking

The only area I'd say you might be able to improve on is the painting/weathering inside the engine intakes. It might just be the bright lights/flash used for the picture, but they look too "clean"
Wow blakeh1 I'm blown away that you remember that GB. I personally was hoping that a few more folks would jump in on it. Man they should have made that a sticky.
And yeah Q mentioned the engine intakes too. I may revisit that and two or three other things in the future.
Thanks mate.

kiwi gav said:
Looks great -- Nice Job

I've got an AMT electronic one nearing completion. I was hoping to clear coat it and weather soon but have been trying to get some Future into NZ. I might just get some modelers branded clear for this one and look further into the Future thing after summer.

once again love the X wing
KG glad you like it!

Solander said:
Stunning job with this X-Wing, Glorfindel!
Love this paintscheme!
Solly I'm honored my man! Next one I do I'm revisiting that tutorial on chipping you did on that floating tank thing from Star Wars. Now that's artistry!

Glorfindel said:
Solly I'm honored my man! Next one I do I'm revisiting that tutorial on chipping you did on that floating tank thing from Star Wars. Now that's artistry!

Will be waiting for that your build with an especial anticipation, buddy ;)

Latest posts

Back