Polishing Clear Plastic / Canopies

DarthTera

Can anyone help me ; Is there any technique / products that you can use to improve clear canopies. Make it Clearer or if damaged by thinner or glue is there a way to polish it back to a clear shine.

I have had mixed sucess with sanding out dmage to 'glass' parts using polishing sticks designed for nails working from roughest to smoothest.
Worked well on smaller scuffs and shallow scratches but not very well when accidentally dripped some glue onto a windscreen.

There are a couple of youtube clips ive seen with tips for canopy's etc that others here might have links to stashed away somewhere.

Follow the fine sanding with a dunking or two in Future to fill out any small imperfections.

I second the others--for a canopy that's otherwise clean, a dip in Future helps. The clear acrylic liquid fills the tiny scratches and pits on the surface.

For a canopy that's damaged--glue smudge, say, or scratch--I also use polishing pads, I think mine are by Tamiya. They go from 1800 grit, I think, up to 3200? I'd have to check to be sure. That's followed by a dip in Future. The canopy comes out good as new.

Latest posts

Back