Pod Racer

Kryptosdaddy

Havn't seen a topic devoted to this yet- thought I'd share mine. Finished this last June...

Photo067.jpg

Photo068.jpg

Had issues with the decals on the body- thats a little different than the instructions propose.

Still a nice kit- you may need to reinforce the connections where the 'reins' meet the engines and the pod, i fixed this with little staples and a small drill bit with out gluing all the pieces together-this gives the kits some flexibility incase it gets handled or bumped.

Did they ever make a kit of the Alien's pod racer? What was his name Sebula?

Be Good, CR

Thanks guys, it was a nice build and really fun to finish. Then i realized i had to re attach everything as i mentioned in the original post! Beware! lol :eek:

I would like a couple more of these for a scratch build though.

Anakin's pod was the only one they produced. There's been the odd scratchbuild of Sebulba's pod but nothing ever made it to kit form.

Excellent job with this one, well done! :)
P.S: I've heard that hasbro has produced the Sebulba's pod. Like many hasbro's SW vehicles it was way out of scale if to look between its parts, and the 'cockpit' was way to big in comparativeness to the engines. But the engines were perfectly in-scale with this AMT kit, and were also quite nicely detailed. So it could be an excellent thing to start from, making an in-scale rival for Anakin.

Sol- I bought this ^ model when 'Phantom menace' came out, i also picked up several other things for my toy shelf. One was that Hasbro Sebula TOY Pod Racer. Really glad i bought that now. It's still in the box, but I have opened it and checked it out- very nice for a toy. Alot nicer than the Slave 1 IMO.

That's really cool You have it, K. Check this out:
http://www.therpf.com/f11/sebulbas-pod-racer-46486/
this toy can make a superb vehicle and look great in a dio together with this your kit.
I actually have one AMT's Pod racer myself, and I'm really looking into buying a Sebulba's pod to build a dio of them pushing each other from the "road" seconds before Sebulba lost his bounding rays between the engines.

I see what you mean! That does make a nice conversion. but I'm not gonna chop up my toys! lol

Thanks for sharing that. CR

I still want to someday find a couple of the Anakin pod racer kits for the scratch box.

Lol! I know that feeling, buddy. Toys with own history never end up on the bench :)
And yeah, this kit is sure perfect for kitbashing. I'd like to get several to, but I know myself, I would be in pain throwing oop Star Wars kits into spare parts, and in the end would build them all ;D

It's only a sacrifice if the item is expensive and hard to find. If you can still get them years later for equal or less than they sold for originally, it's not that big a loss.

very nice.

I still have one of theses partially assembled that I have to finish some day.

Thanks- Blake there are 4 issues with this kit- no 1 are the antennae on the pod. They are in the way of the decals. I glued mine on first then realized they were covering- i just adjusted the decals.

2 is the fit of the reins- almost immediately i had to repair those connections with hooks made from small staples. I would suggest considering this from the start.

3 are those 'airbrakes' or what ever. The hinges are tiny blips you must glue on to the body, and they can go on backwards- i accidentally glued two of them shut! oops.

4 is not an issue, its a warning- the leading fins have two options, open like mine, or flat with the engines plane. I would save these for last, you may change your mind during the build. You know how that one goes!

I want a couple more of these! Cool little space kit without looking like just any other space kit.

Nice build. I bought a partially built example at a local flea market last year. The engines and part of the cockpit tub were assembleg with what looks like hot glue. Gonna attempt to disasemble it and start from scratch. I want to replace the reins with some heavy guitar strings. I play bass actually, a 5 string at that with a .135" diameter "b" string, should be just about the right size.

Good luck- I use hot glue scratch building. You may get it off of something flat, but forget pulling it off of embeded parts- hopefully its just cheap glue.

Latest posts

Back