Pile of Scrap: Star Destroyer "Anakin Solo", Battle of Kashyyyk, AMT/ERTL

Chiefpettyofficer

...we all are victims of Shermans march to the sea
More scrap, but I can see the bottom of the box ;D
This subject is an old AMT/ERTL Star Destroyer model, one of my first SciFi Models ever. It also was my first try of lighting. I painted it white and covered it with Revell fluorescent color. I saved it from the Pirate Ship the color comes with. The Star Destroyer got a freaky night glowing coverage and I was happy. Somewhere in 1988, I guess. After years, glue get dry and some parts fall down. So, the ISD found its way to the scrap box.
Inspired from Solanders ISD, I took it finally of the box. Man, that night glowing color gives me a sanding challenge, but finally my ISD were "naked".
I decidet to rebuilt the ISD after reading the "Legacy of the Force" Books and give it the name of Darth Caedus Flag Ship "Anakin Solo". There werent many descriptions about "Anakin Solo", so here was many space for suggestion and phantasy :)

Here you can see the first pics of the stripped ISD. I often had to turn off the light to find the remnants of the Night Color. Holes and scratches were marked and sanded. *scrub scrub*

surprisingly I got some Helpers :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

More sanding and the first steps of rebuilding. New rudders on the lower rear and syrene strips to cover the "steps" on both sides. I also added some structure and the graphity well projector. A half piece surprise egg cover :)

looking forward to see how you light this kit as i have one and i plan to do the same as well

more details more and mo... ah the base...
I get mad by cuttin all the styrene.

I started to build the upper decks and first lighting. I suppored all walls with green stuff, to close all slots and for some stability. It also should minimize scattered light from the LEDs

Youre right, but it was funny and I got many experiences while working with fiber optic wires. Battery Power is low, so I need to have a break with posting pictures. More soon :)

More wires on superstructure. I glued some styrene tubes to connect LEDs and fiber optic wires. It looks more clean. ;D

Aye Carumba!!!!
What a nest of fibre optics!
Holy schmokes!
How are the Imperials supposed to get around in there? LOL ;)
;D ;D ;D

And some more. This is the actual shape of the "Anakin Solo". I had to break work on her for some work on another always unfinished model called "House" :)

Nice work on this scrap. I tell you these SD are no joy to work with. Kudos to you for attempting this.

Latest posts

Back