panel lines wash

aboynamedred

The only good system is a soundsystem
Good day, modellers. :) I'll be having a new aircraft project. And I'm planning to paint it with Tamiya TS14 Black. My question is... WHAT is the suitable paint that I should use to accentuate the panel lines of it?

Thank you in advance! ;)

This was something I was wondering about as well. I did however ask a buddy how he would do panel lines on a F-117 he suggested a light grey wash for the panel lines so that is what I was going to try. Someone here might have a better idea though this is an area I am not to use to myself.

Purely artistic of course. Light grey will certainly show them, but the ones I've seen look....odd.

I would grab a scrap model or part, something with panel lines, paint it the same black and experiment with dark/medium/light grey and fine the one which looks right to you.

Consider doing some panel shading as a complimentary technique.

SSV seems to be right. A friend of mine modeled the SR-71 and had the very same question. First of all the different shades of black of the panels themselves will make a good result, grey in the panel lines is not a "must have". I know, that wont make it easier...

Thats what he said at least - Im no plane modeller mostly. ;)

Latest posts

Back