Opinions please fellas on the 32!!!!

`Boots`

Hi fellas, just need an honest opinion regarding the front screen..................it`s only dry fitted at the mo btw!!

Does it look alright........................the reason i ask is because in England a tinted front screen would be illegal, in the states and maybe some other countries possibly not!!!!
Also uncertain about the gold frame...............trouble is if i change the colour of it it will throw out the gold theme........so,

1) Do i stick with what you can see,
2) Do i change it to a clear screen,
3) Do i alter the frame colour and a clear screen,

2010_06120003.jpg

2010_06120002.jpg

2010_06120001.jpg

I know this is the Comp thread but i posted this here as i may get a few more opinions rather than people thinking it`s just another up date!!

Thanks guys ;D

Looks good! IMHO

Not a car guy myself...... but I can appreciate great craftsmanship !

It's a hot rod.... so a FEW illegalities are to be expected! LoL

NORM.

Yep. Fully tinted windshield here in the US is illegal but I'm with Norm, It looks cool with it tinted.

Thanks very much guys, appreciate ya takin` the time to comment.............looks like it`s 2 in favour of then ;D

`Boots`

Hey Bud, I had a gold tint on my 40 Ford pickup street rod. The windscreen was a lighter shade than the other windows though.
I had cops stop and look at my ride on occasion when I was pulled over for gas or rest stop and they never said a word about the tint. ;D

Yours looks fine to me.
Tony lee :)

Hey Tony..................didn`t know you was a rodder fella, that must have been awesome!!!, glad ya dropped by to give ya verdict tho ;D, must admit i wasn`t expecting to see you tho as i didn`t think this would be up your street...............appreciated very much matey ;D

`Boots`

The tint is, indeed, illegal on the windshield in many states.
But she does look good with it.
Would not touch the frame

Thanks Grendels and Q..................seems like it`s an overwhelming majority vote to keep it as is, thanks again guys... ;D

`Boots`

Oh Yeah Boots,I started to built my first rod when I was 14 so it would be ready as soon as I got my permit.
The pickup was my last,had to sell it to pay the doctor bills after my heart attacks.
Not a very good picture but you get the idea.
Picture015-1.jpg

Tony lee ;D

O yeah i remember that piccy now Tony......................she`s a beauty!!!!, such a shame you had to let her go buddy but like all things...........needs must i suppose :'(
I fancy doing one of these pick ups one day so perhaps i`ll try and do a replica for ya..... ;D dunno how i would manage that front end tho...............thats a real work of art!!....LOL

`Boots`

I'm definitely not a fan of hot rods but I will be looking closely and follow your build.
Cheers

I don't know about today but back in the 60's it was quite popular for some drag cars, specially Gassers to have colour tinted glass. Just do what you like. Nobody here will fine you.LOL

Latest posts

Back