NYLON GAG MK 1 - FINISHED

The Nylon Gag

So, I decided to scratch build an original Space ship/craft/sum it or other. I was determined not to copy a style or genre. Very difficult with me being a big Star Wars fan from the age of nine (77').
I didn't want it to be from a galaxy far far away either, i thought it would be more interesting to go towards a more not to distant future kind a thingy. I thought about 3011ish. I just re-read what i've written I'M SUCH A NERD.But anyway back to the subject. I was watching my sport of choice at some point during this thinking process Formula 1. Red Bull Racing Had just won the championship with Sebastian Vettel driving. What about Red bull deliveries in the 3011 i thought, (as you would) how would Red Bull get its product to where ever in 3011. Bingo?

So to be brief i'm building a Red Bull delivery thingy what sit from the year 3011.

The Gagster

[attachment deleted by admin]

Re: NYLON GAG MK 1?

I wish Vettel would stop winning everything!

Very unique idea. And it looks terrific so far. I'll be following. :)

Some more pics. I've been working on this for about 3 weeks now. I just have get it to look like the one in my head.

Thanks for the feed back.

watch Jenson next year.

Thats my tip.

I have the wonderful 1/12 Tamiya Williams FW-14B to build next, but this thing in my head will probably take a while?

Gagster

Very cool idea
But i hope he gets his but kicked next year

Its all in the car I say, but still, watch Jenson. I got a feelin.

I plan to use a Tamiya 1/35th miltary figure for the pilot/delivery dude, so i suppose its 1/35th.

Gaggles

p.s Option 1, 2, 3? anyone? anyone?

my $$$ is on 2.

If Lewis gets his head together, he's faster than Jenson and can beat him. If he gets his head together. I hope you're right about Button though...

I think option 1. The front wings detract from the overall shape IMO.

I'm liking the swept back canards.

Excellent scratchbuilding here

I did some basic sketches to get the general shape i wanted and see how i could build the main structure. Then i made a small model to prove the concept. The main wing area is still causing me to make it up sort of but not, I've gone through about 5 different options so far and i still haven't decided but i'm taking it one day at a time.

Thats coool and refreshing!
I was wondering what you made the main
body out of it looks thick. Nice to see the wood
in there as well.

Jamaicanmodels69 said:
Thats coool and refreshing!
I was wondering what you made the main
body out of it looks thick. Nice to see the wood
in there as well.

I've sorted my Computer out so i now have all the pictures on hand from the entire build.

The main body is made out of a piece of 6" , 4" and 3" PVC Tubing. They are held together with small blocks of wood, hot glue & lag screws.

The Gag Man

This is where i'm at today. Still got some more fillin and skinnin to do but, as you can see from the tidy bench i had to convert the man cave back into the guest room cuz my Mom is coming for thanksgiving so project Nylon Gag MK1 is on hold for two weeks. So its up to you guys to keep me entertained with your builds whilst i plan my next move.

Happy holidays everyone

Nylon G

as that great Austrian once said "I'LL BE BACK" 8)

Hello Herdsters,

Well Mom has gone back to 'sunny old blighty' so the cave is mine again.

Over the last two weeks i have been collecting any piece of odd shaped plastic that might be useful for this build, if you go to the chit chat section and 'Scratchin' ,i pose a question about using such pieces, i would be interested to see what you guys think?

Over the weekend i did some assembly but mainly design work, which is very difficult when you only have an idea of what you want it to look like, and you are trying to keep it as 'real' as possible but with no specifics, that is the hard part.

Picture%252520076.jpg

Just a rough draft, but i did establish some elements i liked from this.
Picture%252520077.jpg

Picture%252520081.jpg

Picture%252520083.jpg

Picture%252520085.jpg

Thanks for looking, all comments welcome.
P.s In an effort to keep it 'real', as a delivery truck/thingy, would it have a gun.... Yes or No?
The Nylon Gag

Hello Herd Peeps,

Got a couple of evenings in this week

This scratch buildings a bugger!!!!!!!!
You gotta make EVERYTHING
For some reason my brain didn't fully understand this concept, until this week. Reality check.!! This might take a while!!!!
Some progress pics.

Picture%252520146.jpg

Picture%252520152.jpg

Picture%252520153.jpg

Picture%252520155.jpg

Still need to shape the edges and fill the gaps before i can attach the last panels

Comments welcome

Thanks for looking

Gagster Out

Gag, this is terrific progress! Good work.

On the subject of a gun.... Depends on how harsh your galaxy is. Maybe there are space pirates or giant space insects with a thirst for Red Bull? Gonna need some defence against those guys. ;)

Coming along well.
And reminding me of why I tend to work with kits

Looks great! I use to build things like this back when I was in High school. Makes me want to give it a try again!

Latest posts

Back