NYLON GAG MK 1 - FINISHED

Re: NYLON GAG MK 1?

You guys are the best, thank you so much for the positive comments

and just for the record i'm not an Alien, i got all the right papers. ::) honest govenor ;D

Just a quickie to show the hitch assembly i was working on before, with a bit more done.
Agonized over the design for, what seemed like, forever but i think it turned out quite nice.

Cut out my central supports
Picture981.jpg

Drilled a hole and inserted a tube

Picture983.jpg

Shaped and glued 2 side supports

Picture986.jpg

Mounted 2 damper boxes

Picture988.jpg

Got the piston/actuator assemblies together

Picture989.jpg

I shaped the side supports and dry fit everthing together including the magnetic vacuum pads.

Picture994.jpg

Picture995.jpg

Even a quick video

The Nylon Gag Mk1 hitch design

Hope you like what i've done so far, still have wiring, hydraulic lines, detailing and some
additional supports.

Thanks for stopping by

Gagster

Evening All,

Thanks for the comments guys,

Had all day Friday to model after I'd made a run to the nearest model store (about 45 mins away) and got three new greeblie donors.

Picture332-1.jpg

Made a detail pod for under the back end for a tool holder and an assortment of greeblie from my new donors.

Picture333.jpg

Then i returned to the hitch,

Fabricated the top supports for the upper clamping arms of the hitch

Picture309.jpg

Picture311.jpg

The completed assembly dry fit together, not 100% convinced i like it yet.

Picture314.jpg

I then moved on to the fixed bottom element of the hich assembly,

First made pads

Picture315-1.jpg

Then a cross support

Picture319.jpg

Then pad joiners

Picture322.jpg

Then dry fit it all together with the external spacing wire and the main supports to the ship

Picture323.jpg

Picture324.jpg

And in position on the ball

Picture330.jpg

Thats all so folks.

More tomorrow, hopefully.

Take care

Gag

[attachment deleted by admin]

Stunning building!!! What a way to thin down the part bin box too!! Still glued to this one!! ;)

I remember when I first saw this thread. I thought, this is an ambitious idea. Absolutely love it, but I wonder how much detail there will be...

Never imagined this would be the level of detail you'd achieve. It's quite simply awe-inspiring.

BTW, my hot tip for next years F1 title....

Jenson Button.

I think you'll agree with me that with Lewis gone mercenary.. er I mean Mercedes, our Jens will get the #1 status in the team. I think he'll thrive in that atmosphere. Can't see another Red Bull victory this year, though they'll be up there challenging.

I think Ferrari might have a poor season. They invested alot into improving the car this year and I that will be at the expense of next years design.

You heard about the new changes to 2014? The cars will no longer have the high nose cones. It'll be like 1990 again! Only with turbos!! Smaller engines (V6's) and lap times could be about 5 seconds slower. Sounds a bit drastic to me. Hope they don't ruin our sport in the name of health and safety.

Is there a point when you will call it finished, how much more do you
have envisioned for it? It's an amazingly detailed packed build!

My Friends,

Detail is the order of the day, hitch detail. But first i must say, the positive feeling i get from your post's is truly inspiring, i will respond to everyone individualy tomorrow but tonight i just want to get my report in.......?

The donor kits have been a great help in the progression of the hitch section......Pix,

I posted before i was not convinced by the hitch assembly, so i replaced the round bar with square tube and it fit much better.

I then started work on the out side frame work which was to solid to me and needed some "enhancing"

I added a frame a cut out and some mesh details.

Picture340.jpg

Picture345.jpg

Added some detail to the inside support beam

Picture356.jpg

Picture367.jpg

Picture370.jpg

added some more control cables to the magnetic vacuum pods

Picture373.jpg

Then had another test dry fit

Picture375.jpg

The hitch is turning out to be very complicated indeed, but i just can't cut corners and simpilfy it, i keep hearing my fathers voice saying "it has to look functional" and this drives me to make it so....!

I have a few more things to do regaring the hitch, i have all friday to spend focused, so i will report then..

Gag

Latest posts

Back