NYLON GAG MK 1 - FINISHED

Re: NYLON GAG MK 1?

The Gagman is back! Good to hear back on the bench mate. Sling or no, your work here is fantastic as always.

tony, great to see you back in action, hope that the recovery process goes well !
this update is awesome !! can't believe the amount of detail you put into it !!!

have fun !! and take care of the shoulder !

I would just say more of what I have already said in the past concerning this build.....
So, let's just pretend I said that. :D
;D ;D ;D ;D

all i know is you most DEFINITELY have bananas..

matter of fact, i'll send you all mine too

Happy Thanksgiving to all,
Thank you so much for the kind words guys it really means a lot to me and as i have said gives me lots of motivation. I have been away from the bench for a week or so because as usual my Mum is visiting from England for Thanksgiving holiday, so the mancave is returned to the guest room for a couple of weeks but here is an update on the stuff i managed to do right before she arrived.

I decided to concentrate on the towing hitch section of the build. I designed an original hitch that would supply movement in all axis relative to the center line, not just in a left/right direction but also up/down and everything in between

Here is a rough sketch of the design

Picture%2520246.jpg

The ball closest to the ship would be held by several pads, some fixed ones undrneath the ball and two on retactable arms on the top. That was the idea, so now to a bit of fabrication:

Made a base from 1mm styrene and attached my detail boxes

Picture%2520248.jpg

Then started the magnetic buffer assembly, this was made from a liquid cement bottle cap and styrene tubing

Picture%2520249.jpg

Picture%2520250.jpg

Picture%2520253.jpg

Then it was the floating magnetic vacuum heads

Picture%2520258.jpg

Picture%2520260.jpg

Picture%2520263.jpg

Picture%2520268.jpg

Then the arm assemblies, this was made from a display support from my ship model and other various styrene pieces and some motorbike forks.

Picture%2520274.jpg

Picture%2520276.jpg

Picture%2520280.jpg

Picture%2520286.jpg

I then concentrated on the support mechanism for these arms

Picture%2520292.jpg

Picture%2520299.jpg

Picture%2520297.jpg

Picture%2520298.jpg

This is mainly all dry fit together as i plan to add more details like hoses and wiring and other little pieces, but i'm very happy with them as they do actually work as far as holding on to the ball of the hitch is concerned.

Still have to make the fixed underside support magnetic vacuum heads but now i know what they look like so it makes it easier

Thats all so far, Mum leaves on Thursday so i should have more to report in the next week or so.

Take care

Gag

eh up buddy,ya detail and ya ideas for ya build are amazing mym8,where does ya brain come up with it all!lol it`s mint cheers peza

This is like watching the pyramids being built. ;D Awesome work Gag!!!

;D ;D There comes a time when your just showing off .......
now stop it! LOL Was looking at the pics on page#21 awesome
stuff Gag!!!

Crikey, Toe! Where do you come up with these ideas?

Scratchtabulous mate. 8)

Latest posts

Back