NYLON GAG MK 1 - FINISHED

Re: NYLON GAG MK 1?

:eek: Just cant believe all the detail im looking at. Everybody else has said it, but ill say it again "THIS IS BEAUTIFUL WORK MATE". I bet this gives you great satisfaction when ever you do more and you can see the results getting bigger and better. Congratulations and keep those posts coming.

eh up buddy,speechless....this is one sweet build mym8.we`re not worthy,we`re not worthy!the dogs bollards ;D

Wow, Thank you friends, i really appreciate the positive feed back, your comments mean alot to me.

Such positive quotes from some very talented modellers, it means alot buds, Thanks you friends.
Igard said:
Now, the important thing is... Did you get the FLY!?

;D

NO, i missed the little B*****d, but to be honest i wasn't that fussed after the old shoulder popped out, slightely distracted? ;D

SO, Onward friends, Onward? ;D

PIX

I took a Kevlar/Carbon fibre silencer from a 500cc Grand Prix bike, and turned it into an antenna.

Picture%2520099.jpg

And mounted it on the antenna mounts, would make sense, right ;D Added a Single bristle from a floor brush to make the transmitting filament (blue bit).

Picture%2520101.jpg

Added small assembly to hold additional Antenna points with Short and Long range Filaments.

Picture%2520103.jpg

Made this GPS module (Galaxy Positioning System), then fitted it, then made another.

Picture%2520105.jpg

Picture%2520107.jpg

Picture%2520108.jpg

Fitted a Stabilization Beam and Tail Alignment Fixture.

Picture%2520121.jpg

Made and fitted a Rear Piston Assembly

Picture%2520120.jpg

Picture%2520122.jpg

Turned a deoderant cap, some styrene shapes and a few other bits and bobs into a Micro/Expansive Long Range Sonar Array.

Picture%2520118.jpg

Included a few bike suspention parts in the mix and........Bingo.

Picture%2520123.jpg

Mounted together with main Navi/Com module.

Picture%2520130.jpg

Picture%2520133.jpg

Primer, ;D Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Primer.

Picture%2520135.jpg

Picture%2520137.jpg

Assembled, ;D.

Picture%2520142.jpg

Picture%2520146.jpg

Picture%2520149.jpg

Picture%2520150.jpg

Thats as far as i have gotten right now, was to impatient i managed to put some fantastic finger prints on one of the assemblies? ;D

But, anyhoo. Some people have said that it looks so functional, so i think ifinally figured how scratch building works for me, if i can give an assembly a 'Name', it gives me a direction to pursue as far as composition is concerned. Example , Rear Piston Assembly to me would indicate some aparatus that is mobile, adjustable and moveable. To me this is a cylinder, like a shock absorber with some kind of valve assembly, so i have a basic point to start from ;D .

Picture%2520120.jpg

Sorry to waffle, but that is how i design all my assemblies i make for the MK.1 ;D, "Does it look like it would work?" That is the bottom line .

Groovy Baby 8)

Gaggles McGee

(Tip of the day, Green Banana'S Tast like S##t)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Not only is your work great, but it's very entertaining as well ;D
All you're missing right now is a protonic close range field generator powered by a micro synthetic nuclear reactor (aka a greebly sorta a thing) ;D ;D
Seriously now, this is truly inspirational and I really like your vision and how every single part as a reason to be there.

Cheers !

SO FINE! OH SO FINE!

One wee question, how does space based sonar work, when there is no air in space?

Texaslobo said:
SO FINE! OH SO FINE!

One wee question, how does space based sonar work, when there is no air in space?

It works with and responds too Micro Expandable Strontium Nuclear Magnetic Pulse Waves. ::)

Sorry, i thought it was obvious? ;D

Professor Nylon Gag. (M.B.A)

(Master BullS##t Artist) :D

:eek: Amazing !! that thing is packing some serious sensors !!!
great work !!!

The Nylon Gag said:
Texaslobo said:
SO FINE! OH SO FINE!

It works with and responds too Micro Expandable Strontium Nuclear Magnetic Pulse Waves. ::)

Sorry, i thought it was obvious? ;D

Professor Nylon Gag. (M.B.A)

(Master BullS##t Artist) :D

I just had to ask.......

Thank You Professor Gag!

Evenin All
On Thursday morning i had surgery on my right shoulder so i accomplished very little this week and don't think i will be doing much for the next 2 or 3 weeks, at least, but i did notice whilst reviewng my notes that i started the design process for this thing on 10-7-2011. ;D
So i just wanted to take this oppertunity to wish The Nylon Gag MK.1 a very Happy 1st Birthday and to thank all of my Herd buddies for the 293 comments and 7003 views i have received and for really helping me to make this thing the best it can be.

Thank you everyone for your positive comments, it is such a motivation to see what messages you guys leave me from all over the world.
I'm very happy to be a member of the best modelling forum on the web, SMA. 8)

Thank you my friends ;)

Tony (the one arm bandit) McGag

Speedy recovery there Tony! We will be waiting for when you're up and running again!! ;)

Sick details on those sub assemblies. They look gorgeous. You are into a great project here, get well soon so you can finish her up!

Ello Mates,

Thanks for the get well messages still in a sling, just can't put my arm up very high, but was going insane not being able to build so i struggled through and got back to the bench.

Haven't been posting much lately as my PC crapped out with a virus but it's fixed now so let the journey continue....................and...............................there OFF.

PIX

Got a layer of crome silver on the rest of the nav/com sub assembly

Picture%2520212.jpg

Then started the details that will go under the cockpit, i used such things as a bicycle pump holder, card board tubes, drinking straws, various styrene pieces, some fine plastic mesh, a few bike greeblies, a whisky pore spout, wire, some tank bits and my favourite is the worcestershire sauce pore spout and cap antenna i created.

Picture%2520188.jpg

Picture%2520191.jpg

Picture%2520201.jpg

Gave it a shot of primer

Picture%2520206.jpg

Picture%2520208.jpg

Then black in the front and crome silver on the back section

Picture%2520211.jpg

Black pastel wash and brown pastel wash then a drybrush with crome silver

Picture%2520233.jpg

And finally a dry fit with the cockpit bubble in position.

Picture%2520236.jpg

I have since reduced the size of the detail so it sits further back.

Then i started skinning the underside of the wings, very time consuming and a bit uninteresting without primer but heres one or two quick shots

Picture%2520173.jpg

Picture%2520174.jpg

Thats about all for tonight. Will be concentrating on the back of the wings next
Thanks for stopping by.

Gagsterman

Latest posts

Back