NYLON GAG MK 1 - FINISHED

Re: NYLON GAG MK 1?

Allo Peeps,

Thanks so much for the comments.

Been away from the bench for a few days because of my 10 year wedding anniversary, i organized a surprise party for my beautiful wife, she had no clue, everything worked out perfectly it was a very very special evening.

BUT, enough of that, back to the build.
Added tubing and detail to the top and inside of the fairings, the pieces with wires are actually small connectors from an old video camera i dissasembled.

Pix ;D

Picture%2520292.jpg

Picture%2520278.jpg

Picture%2520283.jpg

Picture%2520290.jpg

Then decided to add an air brake/stearing assembly to the outside of the fairings

Picture%2520296.jpg

Picture%2520299.jpg

Picture%2520320.jpg

Picture%2520316.jpg

Assembled some actuator greeblies.

Picture%2520303.jpg

Picture%2520308.jpg

Added various styrene shapes.

Picture%2520305.jpg

Assembled the actuators with the air brakes

Picture%2520310.jpg

Picture%2520319.jpg

Picture%2520318.jpg

Picture%2520313.jpg

Not sure of whats next, but i'm sure it will come to me.

Just a quick shot from my party.
My wife in her original wedding dress and me in a suit, not something you see everyday. ;D

Picture%2520176.jpg

Thanks for stopping by
Your comments are most welcome

Mr & Mrs Nylon McGag

You still keep busting out with the "more and more" incredible!
....And medical science said, "It couldn't be done!"
Pure awesome!
;D ;D ;D ;D

Some exceptional detailing there!! Great stuff!!

Great picture of the two of you as well!! ;)

More awesome detailing there mate! The Nylon Gag MK 1 is coming to life.

Congrats to you both on 10 years! Great pic of the 2 of you. :)

Love the detailing Gag, where did you get the metal rods for the actuators? I could use something like them for my Falcon's.

J

Excellent update!!! Always enjoy pics of your detailing!!! Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary. You two look very happy together.

Fairly new to this site, and just spotted your thread. Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary. Very nice scratch build, i am a particular fan of the rocket, jet thingies youve made (they look like a cross between a ram jet and a rocket). Love the bucket load of greeblies all over them. I think the paint job is great, the multiple metallic colours really helps sell the realism. Keep those pics
coming, im eager to see more.

wow :eek: talk about super detailing. Outrageous!

... and congratulations 8)

Ello folks,
Been off posting on the site for a while because i found i was loosing bench time by looking at everybody else's builds for the first hour then i had to figure out what i wanted to do then it was time for bed and i had done diddly squat. So for the last two weeks i have focused on me fairing details.

Before we look at my progress pix i just wanted to say WOW :eek:, 6000 views, over 250 comments and so much positive interest, it makes me feel real good and full of enthusiasm to continue, just to see all the comments from all over the world, thank you so much friends it realy is appreciated.

Jaitea said:
Love the detailing Gag, where did you get the metal rods for the actuators? I could use something like them for my Falcon's.

J

J, don't tell anybody but i 'borrowed' them from the scrap bins at work, if you PM me your address i will see if i can get you a handfull?

So on with the show, are you sitting comfortably, ......good, then i'll begin, PIX

I cut various detail stuff from stock styrene

Picture%2520002.jpg

Picture%2520006.jpg

Added a small external exhaust port

Picture%2520012.jpg

Then i started to scribe panel lines on the bottom half, i didn't know if i was going to panel this with sheet or scribe, i went for scribe, for a first attempt ever, i think its not too bad.

Picture%2520029.jpg

Then i did the top, this didn't go quite as smoothly, this is the best picture i have, you ain't seeing the others, i'm not so good with the curved surfaces, i'm gunna hope that my mistakes are covered by the primer a bit?

Picture%2520039.jpg

Added some external panels to the front and top profile with 1/2mm sheet styrene and a bit of PE

Picture%2520041.jpg

Picture%2520043.jpg

Picture%2520046.jpg

Added more detail with 'T' and 'L' shaped styrene to the inside of these additional external panels

Picture%2520060.jpg

Gave them all a nice taper.

Picture%2520063.jpg

Relined the insides with 1/2mm sheet syrene, filled the corners with super glue and baking soda, sanded smooth

Picture%2520071.jpg

Added cooling rods to the inside of the fairing

Picture%2520073.jpg

Gave them all a chamfer then cleaned them up

Picture%2520076.jpg

Picture%2520078.jpg

Added detail

Picture%2520080.jpg

Then did the same with the sides

Picture%2520085.jpg

Picture%2520088.jpg

And thats about it, currently blending the inside edges with the side cooling pipes.

Thank for stopping by

Take it squeezy friends, till next time

Gagster McGee

[attachment deleted by admin]

Will it E V E R get finished?
You keep throwing on the most tiny details.... sheesh.
:)

Every time I pop my head in here to take a look it's like you've added another heaping helping of "awesomeness" to this build. Wicked! ;D

Jason

eh up buddy.congrats on the weddin,welcome to the three ring circus!its engagement ring,weddin ring and suffering..lol.only jokin!hope ya had a good day!i`m really impressed by ya build mym8,hope to see more soon...cheers peza

That's ALOT of very sharp looking detailing, not to mention the scribing, which looks great to my eye!

Dude, some sci-fi movie director is going to call you and say can I use this for my movie!!! That thing is soo amazingly cool!

keep up the great work!

Latest posts

Back