NYLON GAG MK 1 - FINISHED

Re: NYLON GAG MK 1?

Insane, dude! :eek: :eek: :eek:
;D
Even though we see the background of the room behind this beauty, she falses the sence of scale completely. Looking so realistic and so incredibly detailed, it doesn't let me to comprehend the surrounding like something this ship belongs to actually.
Maybe, You would make a picture with a hand laying on the wing next time, please, or I'm going to start thinking that You're building a real full scale starship to drive to Jupiter on weekends, telling it is a model just to hang here with us, addicts ?? ;D ;)

Evenin Every Peeps,

Thank you for the comments, at this stage, more than ever, i appreciate everyone who takes the time to leave a message.

Its getting close to crunch time and i am nervous because i could really bugger this up if i don't chose the appropriate final paint pattern.
Only i can decide, i have done maybe 35-40 variations but nothing has 'spoken' to me, yet.

But thats later,

First, we must do some touch ups.

I seem to of missed this back section entirely whilst painting, to much Voddy maybe.

So i was back to the usual routine, mask.

Picture%2520218.jpg

Base colour of metallic grey

Picture%2520220.jpg

Matt black 'scorch' marks

Picture%2520221.jpg

De-mask

Picture%2520222.jpg

I then masked off various random panels and gave them a light shot with some different shades of grey.

Picture%2520225.jpg

Picture%2520226.jpg

Picture%2520227.jpg

After looking at the ship for quite some time i decided something didn't flow right, in this picture there seemed to me that there was a deffinate disconnect between the front wing section and the main wing section
Can you see what i mean.

Picture%2520190.jpg

So i masked off the small intake section on the front and gave it the metallic grey edge, crome silver center, matt black low lights treatment

Picture%2520232.jpg

Picture%2520233.jpg

I then masked the top vents, inserting a piece of paper to cover the inside details, gave them a shot of gloss black then some Alclad chrome.

Picture%2520228.jpg

Picture%2520229.jpg

Then did the same for the rear grill

Picture%2520230.jpg

This pictures for you SOL you wanted one with my hand to proove i wasn't building a real ship

Picture%2520234.jpg

Personally, i think it looks better

Picture%2520235.jpg

Now comes the tricky bit.

I added some yellow and blue masking tape to represent my favourite pattern idea so far
I don't want to cover the rear upper wing details with the colour but i do want it to be an interesting shape and not just boring pin stripe lines, i think they have to be straight as curved just looks random and wrong to me.
I figure that 'Kiko', my pilot, is an individual dude (like me) and wants some colour on his ride he's handy with a spray gun so he can custom paint it himself but he appreciates the asthetic lines of the ship so wants to compliment them and not destract from them.
Got it, piece of cake right.

I need opinions folks, this is driving me crazy, i am, quite literally, losing sleep over this. I think i have an overactive brain.

Help me herdsters

Design with tape.

Picture%2520241.jpg

Picture%2520242.jpg

Picture%2520243.jpg

The missus is in Vegas for a few days with work so i'm 'Home Alone' till early Monday morning, so if i'm not at my bench, i'm gunna be sleepin or cookin, or i might go to the movies to see Pacific Rim tomorrow morning for a bit of inspiration.

You know i've never been to the movies by myself.

OK people, pizzas is done, dinner time.

Let the weathering begin, after a few more little odds and sods.

Stay tuned my brothers and sisters

Gagsterman

OUT

:) Well well , Gagster -- it's really come together .
... don't know why you say you can't paint .....

I like the striping -- I think the lines ( yellow and blue ) need to be a bit thicker ,, only a little - 15 % ?

Going to look fabulous, Gag.
Really wishing I could see this beastie in person

Question: What are you going to do with it when it's finished?

Presumably, you're doing this for fun - the joy of building - but you're creating a work of art.

Are there any local museums or galleries that might be interested in exhibiting it?

urumomo said:
:) Well well , Gagster -- it's really come together .
... don't know why you say you can't paint .....

I like the striping -- I think the lines ( yellow and blue ) need to be a bit thicker ,, only a little - 15 % ?

Thanks for the advice mate, i'm more worried about the pattern but i think your right, thicker lines and i plan on reversing the colours (yellow main, blue pin stripe) because at a distance the yellow disapears into the silver back ground a bit.

Quaralane said:
Going to look fabulous, Gag.
Really wishing I could see this beastie in person

Thanks buddy,

Well, you're are just going to have to come to the IPMS show in Orlando in September,
thats the closest show i can drive too.
I would love to be able to go further but if i have to fly, i would have to make an elaborate flight case for it and this thing i so detailed and delicate i would probably end up with a box full of greeblies, knowing how airlines throw stuff around

JohnSimmons said:
Man that looks great I like the lines dude.

Thanks Jonny Boy,
I'm still undecided though. I have masked off the front wings, the side of the engine fairings and the sides of the body but the top of the wings is still causing me problems.

Matthew Amundsen said:
Question: What are you going to do with it when it's finished?

Presumably, you're doing this for fun - the joy of building - but you're creating a work of art.

Are there any local museums or galleries that might be interested in exhibiting it?

Good question, well a friend of mine is convinced she can get it into an art gallery in down town Miami, personally i'm not convinced but we shall see when its finished.

Grendels said:
Looking good!

Thanks 'G', appreciate you stopping by.

Just a few shots from Thursday and Friday, lots of effort with little to show for it.

Masked for semi-gloss black panels, just on the wing fronts, to frame the radarwell, a small panel on the engine fairings and the rear vent.

Picture%2520245.jpg

Picture%2520246.jpg

And the semi-gloss black

Picture%2520247.jpg

Picture%2520248.jpg

Then off with the masking.

Picture%2520249.jpg

Picture%2520250.jpg

Picture%2520256.jpg

Picture%2520261.jpg

Then i took it into the hall way for some beautiy shots with a front engine intake and main engine installed

Picture%2520263.jpg

Picture%2520265.jpg

Picture%2520266.jpg

Picture%2520268.jpg

Picture%2520269.jpg

Picture%2520274.jpg

Picture%2520276.jpg

Thats all for now,

Stay tuned folks

Gag

Sweetest scratch build I've ever seen. Hands down.

Couldn't offer you much painting advice, other than maybe not too much color, as the greys are really working well here, and you don't want to draw the eye away too much, as you have a really cool shotgun effect going on here with all the excellent details.

oh my god... its beautiful...

( Admins, can you put a new emoticon in please. We're now in need of something special..)

That was a very nice Work in Progress to follow, step by step, parts by parts... Thank you for sharing this beautiful experience.

The result is amazing !

I can only cry since I won't be able to see it IRL, but I'm sure you'll show it in some exhibit, isn't it ? :D

Latest posts

Back