New YouTube layout bites

Glorfindel

Am I the only one that finds the new YouTube "My Channel" format just absolutely freaking horrible. Just tonight I wanted to put my fist through the monitor and scream obscenities at the creator and the bozo's that approved that crap. Piss poor job on YouTube's part.
Hey can we get a poll going to show for and against the current YouTube layout? I mean we all use it to research builds, preview OOB reviews, find new techniques and so on. Might be interesting.

Yeah, it sucks big time.

Grendels, what do you mean it will be mandatory?
They're not giving us a choice anymore on our page layouts?

I think everyone should make a video expressing how we feel about these changes.

When they first brought out the new layout, you had a choice, use it or revert back to the old style. I switched my channel page back to the old style. There was an announcement a while ago that stated, the new channel page was mandatory in march.

Sounds like Facebook giving you a peek at what the changes look like, and giving you the option to go new or keep the old (the new usually sucking) and then a month or so later say.."too bad....switching everyone to the new look whether you like it or not"

Haven't looked at my youtube home in months. Just did, and yikes!

I thought it might be a case of 'it's just different, we'll get used to it', but this is actually pretty bad. It screams of aesthetics over function. They had function before, why not just make it prettier if they had to change anything?

It's so frustrating to try and find people that you listed in favorites. I've got a half dozen guy's from this forum I like checking in on from time to time and I can't even find them on my page. I had Scott's El Polito as one of my favorite video's because it was funny and God only know's where YouTube put it. Couldn't they have just tweaked the location of the page links to make navigation a bit easier? I think people should have the control of their background images and even let them post images on the page itself. Grendels I just subscribed to you last night and today I can't even find you! (alright maybe that's a bit over the top)
Venting my angst guy's, sorry.

One of the ways I found good channels was looking at others subs. YouTube took that away. So I haven't been finding as many good channels of late.

I sub you back Glorfindel. In the upper right corner, there is a pull down box with your video manager, subs, settings etc. That is where your Subs are.

Two other things, one I don't get the updates on new videos the way I use to, and two. personal messages are broken. I get them all the time, and I can't respond unless I go to their channel and post a message from there.

Latest posts

Back