Attention youtubers...

FOW_Models

So, those of you with succesful or semi succesful youtube channels on models, how did you grow your channel, how long did it take? have you any tips or advice you could impart as im really struggling to get and subs and views are minited to literally 30 ish on a good day, but mostly around the 10 mark daily.

Im not really sure how to tap into the algorithm, so any advice on how to grow and get followers and views would be appreciated

Gonna be honest. I set up the channel to share what I do.
I never much worried about growing it

My channel is definitely not a successful channel ;-) I have my channel since 2014. To have content for the channel to grow "quickly" you have to publish a lot, with quality and before others. It takes a lot of time and money. If you don't want to be a slave to Youtube I advise you to be patient. With time the channel will grow... very slowly.
I've already subscribed to your channel and seen some videos... you need to improve the sound quality ;-)

Quaralane, nice channel ;-)

My channel is definitely not a successful channel ;-) I have my channel since 2014. To have content for the channel to grow "quickly" you have to publish a lot, with quality and before others. It takes a lot of time and money. If you don't want to be a slave to Youtube I advise you to be patient. With time the channel will grow... very slowly.
I've already subscribed to your channel and seen some videos... you need to improve the sound quality ;-)

Quaralane, nice channel ;-)
I assume you mean the sound quality of the kit reviews, which is recorded directly using the mic on the phone i record with?

the rest are done by recording voiceover using studio quality DAW. Or do you mean the background music could use coming down? Could you narrow it down a bit more for me, so i know where to focus if possible, thanks.

I have no channel or a youtube account, but have spent many many many hours watching youtube videos on modelling so I'll give you my two cents worth on what does and doesn't appeal to me the viewer looking for answers.

My tip on the music is, you don't need it. It is a distraction and the music on the scorpion build part 1 is sleep inducing. You are quite adept at being able to continue talking while you work and what you say is what is important for people to hear. You might want to include what products you are using the first time you use them. What type and brand of glue, what you are sanding with, cutting with etc. I know I needed that info greatly when I started back at this hobby and I think your videos are great for beginner folks trying to find answers on how to do builds. Including that info would kick them up a notch. No need to show all that sanding of small parts, maybe just one or two then cut to next step.

What I find spot on is your Rubic's cube intro is great and a quick attention getter so you want to hold that attention throughout the video and keep it at that level. I like the fact you don't ramble for two or three minutes at the start, you just get on with it like a person should, and if you shorten the sanding part like I mentioned, it will make it even more appealing. Overall you are off to a good start. I can't tell you how many videos I've stopped after someone starts off rambling about crap that matters not. Ugh that is irritating. I hope you can use some of these tips to help you in your endeavor.

On another note, what if Bob is my Mother's Brother and not my Father's? Never mind, it doesn't really matter, either what Bob's your Uncle, and there you have it from a viewers perspective. ;)

I have no channel or a youtube account, but have spent many many many hours watching youtube videos on modelling so I'll give you my two cents worth on what does and doesn't appeal to me the viewer looking for answers.

My tip on the music is, you don't need it. It is a distraction and the music on the scorpion build part 1 is sleep inducing. You are quite adept at being able to continue talking while you work and what you say is what is important for people to hear. You might want to include what products you are using the first time you use them. What type and brand of glue, what you are sanding with, cutting with etc. I know I needed that info greatly when I started back at this hobby and I think your videos are great for beginner folks trying to find answers on how to do builds. Including that info would kick them up a notch. No need to show all that sanding of small parts, maybe just one or two then cut to next step.

What I find spot on is your Rubic's cube intro is great and a quick attention getter so you want to hold that attention throughout the video and keep it at that level. I like the fact you don't ramble for two or three minutes at the start, you just get on with it like a person should, and if you shorten the sanding part like I mentioned, it will make it even more appealing. Overall you are off to a good start. I can't tell you how many videos I've stopped after someone starts off rambling about crap that matters not. Ugh that is irritating. I hope you can use some of these tips to help you in your endeavor.

On another note, what if Bob is my Mother's Brother and not my Father's? Never mind, it doesn't really matter, either what Bob's your Uncle, and there you have it from a viewers perspective. ;)
thank you. i was wondering about the cleanup myself tbh myself.

With regards to the talking, im afraid most of it is recorded after the video is edited, at least in the ones that arent kit reviews. the reason i do it live in kit reviews, and the reason the sound is worse, is so that its my genuine reaction to the unboxing of a kit, rather than a rehearsed one, which i thought would be less authentic.

I was trying to appeal to beginners, so its great to know you think thats where they would appeal, also, the suggestion about glues, sandpaper etc is noted, and i will try to add those in future vids.

I actually had a great auntie called Bob, and one called Jimmy too as it goes ;)

I only lasted on YT from 2017 to 2020. I left in protest of the over reaching stance they took after the Government nailed them for data mining channels and allowing pedos to be on there. I was concerned about the fact that they could at any time decide to mark my channel, which was model builds, toy reviews, and for the last two years of the channel we had a horror movie show in October called The Traveler's Realm Of Fear, as for kids despite my marking it as not for kids. And I was not paying $75000 a video in fines if they did that crap.

Anyhow, when it was up, I never broke 100 subs, though some of the vids got a lot of traffic. One thing I did that got positive remarks was to occasionally do comedy bits, usually at the start of an episode. The favorite of my then subs was a riff on the Monty Python Gumby family, where I was acting like one of the Gumbies trying to show how to build a model... by smashing it to bits with a hammer while shouting, "BUILD THE MODEL, BUILD THE MODEL!!"

I sometimes miss it. But I also got caught up in trying to constantly put out videos to try to get views and subs, and getting stressed out when it just wasn't happening. So I am ultimately glad I left.

I only lasted on YT from 2017 to 2020. I left in protest of the over reaching stance they took after the Government nailed them for data mining channels and allowing pedos to be on there. I was concerned about the fact that they could at any time decide to mark my channel, which was model builds, toy reviews, and for the last two years of the channel we had a horror movie show in October called The Traveler's Realm Of Fear, as for kids despite my marking it as not for kids. And I was not paying $75000 a video in fines if they did that crap.

Anyhow, when it was up, I never broke 100 subs, though some of the vids got a lot of traffic. One thing I did that got positive remarks was to occasionally do comedy bits, usually at the start of an episode. The favorite of my then subs was a riff on the Monty Python Gumby family, where I was acting like one of the Gumbies trying to show how to build a model... by smashing it to bits with a hammer while shouting, "BUILD THE MODEL, BUILD THE MODEL!!"

I sometimes miss it. But I also got caught up in trying to constantly put out videos to try to get views and subs, and getting stressed out when it just wasn't happening. So I am ultimately glad I left.
hahahaha thats brilliant. Sorry it didnt work out for you.

thank you. i was wondering about the cleanup myself tbh myself.

With regards to the talking, im afraid most of it is recorded after the video is edited, at least in the ones that arent kit reviews. the reason i do it live in kit reviews, and the reason the sound is worse, is so that its my genuine reaction to the unboxing of a kit, rather than a rehearsed one, which i thought would be less authentic.

I was trying to appeal to beginners, so its great to know you think thats where they would appeal, also, the suggestion about glues, sandpaper etc is noted, and i will try to add those in future vids.

I actually had a great auntie called Bob, and one called Jimmy too as it goes ;)
You are welcome glad I could help and doing an authentic box opening is the way to do it.

Latest posts

Back