New kits?

Eastrock said:
just my 2 cents,

maybe the staff or judge should inspect first the kit before we could pay the $5 on every kit we enter.

in my experience there's should be no background, if you see the guys here, might be it in a workshop, front of the computer, even the bedroom was included. just not to add some pressure to us.

PS. I thought we should pay it first before we could join... well that's a good thing. does it mean we should email scott with the pics and not to post it right away?

Not sure what the background has to do with anything, makes for better pictures yes....but it isn't a requirement.

If the picture to prove it is an un-started kit is sent to Scott's e-mail, he will look at the picture, check the date and check the parts, and I am sure if there is a problem he would let the person know.

Biskup said:
ScaleModelMadman thanks for the help I will just need to by a paper on the 1st of April. Also in Poland we state the date as dd-mm-yyyy and I know that in US it's mm-dd-yyyy ;)
Last question will a kit which was opened to make a in-box review be ok?? Nothing was doesn’t to it except presented to a photo like here :
http://forum.figurki.org/index.php?topic=1088.0
That’s not the thing I would enter but it’s just an example.
Cheers
Lukasz

That photo I would consider unstarted if in fact you didn't glue the bust to the base. Otherwise....to me it is partially started.

Ok thanks I don't normally glue kits for in-box reviews just if 2 parts put together hold on its own then its ok. I also didn't use glue for the one that I want to use. Thanks for the help.
Regards
Lukasz

Hi all ,

Just one (probably silly ) question ::)

Is it $5 per kit/cat entered ....or $5 to enter as many kits /catagories as you like ? ???

Chris.

O.K. is this settled , What counts ? Cool !

I don't know about you Guys, But I'm gettin Stoked !! There are a few builds that are gonna take me out of My Comfort Zone. I build German Armor mainly. I've got a couple of ideas on a Mech Suit, Figures , Maybe another Sci-Fi entry & That Theme Build !! After-Life ! So many possibilities for that build !

I'm gettin jazzed & will be combing the upcoming AMPS Convention ( Armor Modeling show) to grab all sorts of Goodies for these builds !!

Hmmm it starts on April Fools Day ( U.S Holliday) ..... What sort of shenanigans are We gonna have ? ;D

Thanks Quaralane, Thats what I thought ...just wanted to make sure ;)

Chris.

Here comes one more:
What if during the contest I decide I will be able to make a 2nd entry. Will this be still possible?
Regards
Lukasz

I think it does, within the building the period... as Quaralene said, $5 per entry.

I'll be building out of my comfort zone....a car and a plane. Should be interesting. I'll also try to enter one or two tanks. The question is will I be able to finish all the entries by the deadline..... :-\

scratchmod

Last contest, I had planed on two entries, but only had time for one. So I would enter them one at a time. Not both together.

I agree with Grendels.
Don't rush things. Do the first. Then, if you feel you have time, do the second

I agree 1 at a time... I maybe restricted to one in the meantime, I had to finish my entry in the armor division in our local cup competition. I'm reserving an armor or a Humvee for SMA contest.

The armor will be one at a time, no prob there, you really can only do it that way. The plane can be built and painted in a day....that's how old the kit is. Lucky if there are twenty parts to it. The car is also a quickie, the fun part being the painting.
scratchmod

yes the painting takes time... especially letting it dry. I had my shares in cars, not good... it should be slick and clean with serious detailing not like the armors, scratch some make it rust and pack some dust and washes... damaged is gone ;D, the plane also takes time, I had a friend who only builds F-16 and even hoards F-16 kits, very attention to details... fastest for him 1 month.

I should have caught this before now.

THe name of the category should have been and now is called ALL-OPEN, not everything else.

The ALL-OPEN category: You can enter a model that was finished or in progress prior to April 1st - any genre.

IE: A tank you built last year, a plane that you started in January etc...

Ok. So after I get confirmation from Scoot that my kits are OK (will send an e-mail latter today). Where should I post a topic with my WIP and what information should it have in the Subject?
Regards
Lukasz

Biskup said:
Ok. So after I get confirmation from Scoot that my kits are OK (will send an e-mail latter today). Where should I post a topic with my WIP and what information should it have in the Subject?
Regards
Lukasz

Publishing your work in progress is not required, but it is great if you do so. Just start up a new thread in this sub-section, "2011 Big Spring Contest", and post whatever info you like. The name of the kit is sufficient for the subject. For example, "Fine Molds X-Wing Build."

Thanks for the info AKE.
Well that's too bad that it's not mandatory.
Cheers
Lukasz

Latest posts

Back