What Scale

• 1/72

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/48

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

trainman

Hello,
Getting in the hobby (airplanes), I’ve been in model railroading for 20 plus years and thought it would be good to try my hand at something else. I’m debating whether it’s going to be in 1/72 (close to HO scale, a bit bigger) or 1/48 scale. Mostly interested in WWII models and I’m wondering what scale offers more choice as far as kits and aftermarket parts or is it pretty much even?
Thank you,
Pierre

Hi Pierre,
First, welcome and thank you for signing up! I appreciate you jumping right in. Great people on here and I know you'll enjoy yourself.

I voted 1:48 - reason is that it's a nice big scale, lots of options, lots of detail. That's just my preference.

Welcome aboard
Like Scott said, 48th scale offers more accessories but if you are looking for some odd ball aircraft there are more in the 72nd scale range.

I start with 1/72 but moved to 1/48 and 1/32. If you like getting details in, you'd get it from 1/48 or 1/32 :) BUT 1/72 are great fun and challenges too. Hope that helps and welcome aboard!

Hi Scott,
So am I correct in assuming that there is as much choice in 1/48 as in 1/72?
Pierre

Well I'm not an authority on availability by any stretch but yes, there are lots of 1/48 kits out there. Scott from Elm City Hobbies or hard core AIR guys could field this question better than I.

Latest posts

Back